Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just realized I've now been detecting 15 years and it's insane how fast the time has gone since my 10 year post.... so here's my update which I'll always do every 5 years. I guess this will be part 1, the relics. No close up shots, will save that for when I hit 20 years and really go crazy. :)

Pic 1 is what I use to get the job done, my Explorer SE, and Ace 250 for back up. Sadly put away for the year. The shelf above is where I keep my finds through the year before they go into my cases. This is definitely the most organized I've ever been, and wish I could say the same for my coins, but that will be done this Winter... along with cleaning my iron!

Not sure what order the pics will appear in, but should be pretty straight forward. On the floor is my junk trunk, or misc. relics trunk, the ones that don't quite make the grade, but have to admit I stole from it to add some stuff to the sparsely filled mics. case shown somewhere below. Then there's my iron and bullet corner, with the trade axes on the bottom. My French marked ball is no question the best find among them. The large rectangle wood case is my better misc. relics. Then another large riker case with misc. military that also acts as my overflow when I bump a button from my other cases. Another Riker with my best designed buttons, and lastly, another with my earliest finds from early to mid. 18th century sites. Then is my 3 button cases, 2 metal black ones, and the wood is my "good case"... and has been for pretty much all of my 15 years. It's funny to think back to when I was just trying to fill it with any military. Time sure flies. One final picture is my crusty copper display, and my button jar in the middle. I would easily have a couple of those filled by now but used to sell my plain buttons. In fact, I've sold doubles of military, common relics like jews harps, and lots of "junk"... and if I still had it all I'd have a few more cases and probably a few more piles, but less is more when it's the good stuff. :)

Attachments

• r4.jpg
    r4.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 324
  • r3.jpg
    r3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 378
  • r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 369
  • r19.jpg
    r19.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 297
  • r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 322
  • r13.jpg
    r13.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 314
  • r6a.jpg
    r6a.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 309
  • r8.jpg
    r8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 294
  • r12.jpg
    r12.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 306
  • r7.jpg
    r7.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 306
  • r9.jpg
    r9.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 343
  • r10a.jpg
    r10a.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 301
  • r11.jpg
    r11.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 304
  • r5.jpg
    r5.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 308
Upvote 13

captain redbeard

Mar 19, 2015
Cayuga county, New York
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! As a rookie detector I can't say what I will have pulled/saved from the ground in the next 15 years, but you sir set the bar pretty high. :notworthy:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU HAVE DONE WELL IN YOUR HUNTS!!! ALSO, YOU DISPLAY YOUR FINDS VERY WELL!!! GOOD LUCK AND HOPE YOU ADD MANY MORE ARTIFACTS IN THE FUTURE!!!

Oyvind Pedersen

Jan 31, 2016
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro vaquero. Previous: minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSC_0328.JPG

Minesweeper Nazi medal

Last edited:

aditemonroe15

Greenie
Sep 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve noticed the same when a flat roof inspection team inspected my roof and they did the necessary things to get it back. Even Though these are minor things, but failing to find may cause serious issues. Inspecting the roof at times is really important as maintaining the roof. I’ve ready many blogs detailing the importance of inspecting the roof at a correct time. Here is one of those interesting blog.
Why Your Roof Needs An Inspection Before The Spring Thaw | Empire Roofing Corporation

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic collection! I just drool over some of those early buttons. Thank you for sharing them.

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread