Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad you said two because I wouldn't want to have to choose.

Blacksmith token & 76th Regt..

Attachments

• w6.jpg
    w6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 207
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you said two because I wouldn't want to have to choose.

Blacksmith token & 76th Regt..

Both awesome finds but I could look at that 76th Regt. Button all day! [emoji106]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both awesome finds but I could look at that 76th Regt. Button all day! [emoji106]

The button is definitely one of those moments I will never forget. I was having a pretty decent year, really just Fall, for early military buttons, but pretty much every last one of them were ones I had already dug better examples of. Still enough to keep me content, but a little frustrated too wanting something different. Then it got late in the Fall and colder, and I knew time was running out, so to pop that 76 was quite a game changer.

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The button is definitely one of those moments I will never forget. I was having a pretty decent year, really just Fall, for early military buttons, but pretty much every last one of them were ones I had already dug better examples of. Still enough to keep me content, but a little frustrated too wanting something different. Then it got late in the Fall and colder, and I knew time was running out, so to pop that 76 was quite a game changer.

The weather is gone to crap for me. Work finally slowed down and now I got snow and ice. Along the coast is still pretty clear though. Looks like a small break in the weather coming also so I hope to get out at least once before the next snow. I need a first 2016 find soon. I thought more people would post some stuff on this thread by now but maybe I'm just being impatient. Thanks for posting by the way! [emoji2]

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather is gone to crap for me. Work finally slowed down and now I got snow and ice. Along the coast is still pretty clear though. Looks like a small break in the weather coming also so I hope to get out at least once before the next snow. I need a first 2016 find soon. I thought more people would post some stuff on this thread by now but maybe I'm just being impatient. Thanks for posting by the way! [emoji2]

No chance for us here until Spring.

Yeah for some reason people just don't seem to reply here. A while back I made a post asking for links to everyone's best hunt (s) of the year and it went nowhere. Just one reply.... but was a good one!

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have to choose my early spoons from the 1600s. The spoon with the knop is really something. It just blows me away that these could have been in the dirt for almost 400 years and still look like this. I can't wait to get back to this place. I think about it all the time.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The 1772 half real converted to a Cufflink is prob my other favorite
image.jpg

Very nice finds fellas. I love these threads and hope 2016s finds blow these away. That would make for some amazing finds boys

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to choose my early spoons from the 1600s. The spoon with the knop is really something. It just blows me away that these could have been in the dirt for almost 400 years and still look like this. I can't wait to get back to this place. I think about it all the time.
View attachment 1258141
View attachment 1258142
The 1772 half real converted to a Cufflink is prob my other favorite
View attachment 1258143

Very nice finds fellas. I love these threads and hope 2016s finds blow these away. That would make for some amazing finds boys

Thanks for posting. There is no doubt in my mind you are going to have some more crazy good finds this year! [emoji2]

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a coin spill Kiddo!i must have missed that one.Mine would probably be these two.!803 draped bust and what looks to be some kind of altered C.S sharpshooter bullet,I am guessing 54 cal.I need to get with the Cannonballguy on it ,but I need a calibrator. 005.JPG

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Nothing all that special but the only one I've seen posted from metal detecting....a pure silver 1976 olympics stamp replica.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC00816 (558x640).jpg
    DSC00816 (558x640).jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Nothing all that special but the only one I've seen posted from metal detecting....a pure silver 1976 olympics stamp replica.

Regards + HH

Bill

That's special all right. Nice silver! [emoji106]

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favourite relic find of 2015 is this Indian Wars era hat badge. I didn't realize what it was until I straightened it out. I managed to not break it, but a couple of weeks later the pin part dried up and fell off. Luckily Antiquarian recommended a really good relic conservation/restorer to me. It should be arriving to him in the next few days for repair. I can't wait to get it back. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452385754.485431.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452385799.130459.jpg

And as for coins, this four silver spill of two Vicky quarters, Vicky dime, and George V dime was my favourite. My oldest Canadian silver, and first Vicky quarter ever. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452386051.172566.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452386089.476516.jpg

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My favourite relic find of 2015 is this Indian Wars era hat badge. I didn't realize what it was until I straightened it out. I managed to not break it, but a couple of weeks later the pin part dried up and fell off. Luckily Antiquarian recommended a really good relic conservation/restorer to me. It should be arriving to him in the next few days for repair. I can't wait to get it back. View attachment 1258223 View attachment 1258225

And as for coins, this four silver spill of two Vicky quarters, Vicky dime, and George V dime was my favourite. My oldest Canadian silver, and first Vicky quarter ever. View attachment 1258227 View attachment 1258228

They are awesome finds. How did I miss them posts before? Got a link to the threads?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments K1DDO, I will post a pic of the hat badge once I get it back from the restorer!

NJKLAGT

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett Euro Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, awesome 2015 finds everyone!

I have two:

First is this sun-coloured amethyst lightning rod ball, recovered in mid-April. I found a lot of great stuff last year, but something about this find sticks out to me. The ground was just thawed enough to dig, I think this was my second or third dig of the year, and it was sunny and mild and I was in a good mood. I was bottle digging in a farm dump and found this thing pretty deep, bundled in a mess of wire and rust. I didn't even know what it was, so I was thrilled when I found out that this particular lightning rod ball is fairly uncommon. It is embossed, "PATᴅ JULY 1878". It's got a chip and some scratches and overall it's kind of shabby, but it takes the middle throne on my shelving display, the central place, and it kinda just pulls everything together in a nice way, with its rich colour and round shape. I put these fitted black caps on either side and it looks great.

Then there's this late 19th/early 20th century candle holder, recovered in late June. I found one or two more of these in pieces on the first day, and left feeling all glum about how they didn't survive, but I returned the next day to recover this one intact. And unlike the others, this one luckily still had the collar held on by some old residual wax (I cleaned everything and added a new candle). The glass has a very slight amethyst hue which this picture doesn't do much for. But yeah I absolutely love this thing. You can just imagine someone eating or reading by the light, or making their way through the dark. I light this candle every once in a while and I eat or read by it, and wonder about the people and who they were and so on. I know that you all know that feeling!

So, for a bottle digger my picks weren't even bottles haha. Let's have a great 2016 everyone!

DSCF0317.JPG DSCF4645c.jpg

OP
OP
K1DDO1979

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, awesome 2015 finds everyone!

I have two:

First is this sun-coloured amethyst lightning rod ball, recovered in mid-April. I found a lot of great stuff last year, but something about this find sticks out to me. The ground was just thawed enough to dig, I think this was my second or third dig of the year, and it was sunny and mild and I was in a good mood. I was bottle digging in a farm dump and found this thing pretty deep, bundled in a mess of wire and rust. I didn't even know what it was, so I was thrilled when I found out that this particular lightning rod ball is fairly uncommon. It is embossed, "PATᴅ JULY 1878". It's got a chip and some scratches and overall it's kind of shabby, but it takes the middle throne on my shelving display, the central place, and it kinda just pulls everything together in a nice way, with its rich colour and round shape. I put these fitted black caps on either side and it looks great.

Then there's this late 19th/early 20th century candle holder, recovered in late June. I found one or two more of these in pieces on the first day, and left feeling all glum about how they didn't survive, but I returned the next day to recover this one intact. And unlike the others, this one luckily still had the collar held on by some old residual wax (I cleaned everything and added a new candle). The glass has a very slight amethyst hue which this picture doesn't do much for. But yeah I absolutely love this thing. You can just imagine someone eating or reading by the light, or making their way through the dark. I light this candle every once in a while and I eat or read by it, and wonder about the people and who they were and so on. I know that you all know that feeling!

So, for a bottle digger my picks weren't even bottles haha. Let's have a great 2016 everyone!

View attachment 1258299 View attachment 1258300

I think I should give the bottle digging and old dump spots more of my attention someday. I find lots of great potential sites along the way while exploring old spots metal detecting. I'm sure there are lots of goodies to be found. Thanks for posting the stuff looks great! [emoji2]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread