First ring and first Gold!

SBMatt

Greenie
Dec 22, 2015
Goleta, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Visited my friend today at his new house. Just moved in so of course I asked if I could detect his back yard. He didn't care so brought my ace 350. Started off finding a ton of pennys. They must have had a penny fight in this back yard or something, because in the time I was there I found 36 pennys (yard is very small). Only other clad was 10 dimes. Did find my first wheaty though, a 1940.

But the highlight was a random ring I dug up. I was super excited since this was my first ring and not expected in a random back yard, but I didn't think it was real. I should have known looking back that it was real because it came out so clean. But I couldn't make out the markings until I got home and used my SLR with a Macro lens. Finally made out 10K AM-G! Also has 8 little gems, probably real diamonds? Pretty small to bother with fakes, but who knows.

10K Gold Ring from Schon's 1-18-16 Resized.jpg
Gems Resized.jpg

I ordered a scale to weigh it, should have it in a couple days.

Upvote 9

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your Firsts! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on taking advantage of the new permission, :occasion14: and your first gold, how awesome is that!!! :headbang:

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice...you should be excited about that find, as I know I would have been :) Nice job

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread