Silver dimes

skywatcher1

Greenie
Jan 12, 2005
The two Mercury dimes were found last year by me and my DH. We went to a country cemetery where my ancestors are buried. Outside the cemetery fence when I was little there used to be picnic tables. On "Decoration Day" everyone would bring a box lunch and there would be gospel music and baptisms in the creek nearby. I figured someone at some time had to lose some change. We also found a horseshoe. The Mercury dimes are 1943 and 1944. We plan to go back tomorrow as it will be a nice day to get out. The 1877 dime in the scan is one DH found along the fencerow which I had mentioned in a previous post.

Skywatcher's wife

Attachments

• dimes.jpg
    dimes.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 803
Upvote 0
J

Jim Cal

Beautiful coins! What a great feeling to pop one of those out of the ground. Jim Cal

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beee u tee full! I'm sorry...I'm don't know what DH stands for. ??? Detecting Husband?? ??? Dumb Head?? :D Designated Hunter?? ???

M

minelabex1000

skywatcher1 said:
Outside the cemetery fence when I was little there used to be picnic tables. On "Decoration Day"? everyone would bring a box lunch and there would be gospel music and baptisms in the creek nearby.

Very nice finds...thanks!

These picnic table areas are always tops on my list. Many churches did their baptisms in lakes up to about the late 50's. They also used these places for swimming during the week. Nice spots!

In the old days, most large towns had parking areas for horses and buggies. I've seen pictures of these on antique postcards. There'd be hundreds of buggies covering a city block area of open field. They used these for decades. Not bad places to hunt if they're still open ;)

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dimes! Only merc's I have I purchased.

Attachments

• Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 558
  • Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 520

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions