Found this sweetie today!!!! Should I grade it????

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FB_IMG_1459228519154.jpg FB_IMG_1459228525311.jpg

Upvote 15

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't care weather or not you believe me. Just got my days a little wrong okay here it goes found the gold coin on March 25th found the silver 1916 d the day after. The other stuff I posted it found with en the last week

ryan, You must admit , Your title and your words make things confusing.

In spite of what Title says , Not a Todays find, By his own admission.

Thread moved to Best finds.

There is no rule against posting older finds. Just not in Todays Finds Please :unhappysmiley:

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scuba, if you have issue with anyone's finds, please contact a mod, do not attack the find or the member in the open forum.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it on a street they ripped up in my city last week. The street was paved in the 30's and hasn't been ripped up till now. Believe it or not nobody is hunting it. I have found sitting libertys, Barbers, lots of Mercs, an Indian was officers button, lots of indian heads and V nickels. 1 mile long of the oldest street in town there ripping up. I am in heaven!!! The hunt is on!!!

Lets see the other stuff it is just a s good.

Az Old Noob

Dec 28, 2007
Arizona
Nice finds.

They recently tore up the sidewalks on the main drag through Tombstone. I keep thinking to myself "Once in a lifetime opportunity". Never had time to stop and try it, but did set my imagination to working overtime.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Ryan,

At least two of your mercs are from the 1940's. Impossible if the street was last torn up in the 30's. Also that 1916D dime is another holy grail of metal detecting finds.

No I said the street was paved in the 30's before that it was dirt

I'm not attacking anyone, just confused. If the street was paved in the 30's, how did dimes from the 40's get under the pavement?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Streets are repaired for potholes, utilities installed etc....

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some amazing finds. Get out and get a whole lot more. Congrats on permission to check out the dump spots too.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would. At a minimum you protect it from further damage

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

They recently tore up the sidewalks on the main drag through Tombstone. I keep thinking to myself "Once in a lifetime opportunity". Never had time to stop and try it, but did set my imagination to working overtime.

My advice is to stop when you have a chance. Just run threw it quick a when you find a target that's good work that area thoroughly.. Don't miss out, the opportunity will be gone quicker then you think.

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not attacking anyone, just confused. If the street was paved in the 30's, how did dimes from the 40's get under the pavement?

Just think what's around the street let's say the sidewalk for example. There was many repairs since the 30's so of course I find lots of modern too... But to be honest I have 1000's and 1000's of hours in to my hobby and I do know what to dig.. All & everything that sounds off.. This is how you Hunt!!!!

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some amazing finds. Get out and get a whole lot more. Congrats on permission to check out the dump spots too.

I am, I am scoping out everyday exactly what they are doing. Thanks bro

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful Gold coin recovery, congratulations! :occasion14:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ryan,

I want to apologize for my posts questioning your finds and time frame of them. I have an issue that the mods know about and I should have left it alone, I know better. I won't try to justify my behavior. I hope you make some more finds that will astonish us.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! By the way, some people get suspicious when you don't post "before cleaning" pics of your coins. You know, grubby and dirty coins just dug out of the hole. Not everyone thinks to do that, though, so it really shouldn't raise anyone's suspicion.

I use a beat up Sony Cybershot camera to take my "before cleaning" pics. That way, my dirty paws won't do any harm to a good camera or phone. I also shoot videos of my better finds, so I can relive the moment over and over again! LOL!

Taking pics at the site helps as well. We all enjoy seeing a good street tear out! Gets us psyched to go out and look for one in our neighborhood. HH.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya when I saw it I yelled a lady across the street was looking at me and asked if I was okay. I ran over to her and showed her what I found. She was astonished. I tried to call my detecting buddy in Arizona and he didn't answer. I am now doing recon on every movement the guys are making down there as we speek. There is lots more to be found just have to be there at the right time. Also got permission to hunt the dump spot where they are taking all the concrete and dirt. They said they will be working on the street for the next 2 months and digging all the street and sidewalks up.

Holy coin heaven! You found the vault! That's awesome!

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that it makes a difference only since I used to live in Oregon and now many miles away. What town are you hunting in if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that it makes a difference only since I used to live in Oregon and now many miles away. What town are you hunting in if you don't mind me asking?

All I'm gonna say is I am in Oregon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread