Found this sweetie today!!!! Should I grade it????

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FB_IMG_1459228519154.jpg FB_IMG_1459228525311.jpg

Upvote 15
S

stefen

Its appears to be well worn and may get a low grade...why waste your money.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Story? Found it in a shop, in the ground? Details?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice. If you want, have it graded. Not like those little suckers grow on trees...

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it on a street they ripped up in my city last week. The street was paved in the 30's and hasn't been ripped up till now. Believe it or not nobody is hunting it. I have found sitting libertys, Barbers, lots of Mercs, an Indian was officers button, lots of indian heads and V nickels. 1 mile long of the oldest street in town there ripping up. I am in heaven!!! The hunt is on!!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin. Lets see some of the other coins you're finding. What is the significance of the 1952 Bowman Mickey Grasso card?

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin. Lets see some of the other coins you're finding. What is the significance of the 1952 Bowman Mickey Grasso card?

I will post more soon.. The card has no significance just what I took a picture on.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I guess I am very confused. I remember everything when I found my gold coin. I wasn't worried about grading it or anything else. I shut off my detector and quit. I held it in my hand all the way home. I know everyone is different but coming on a forum and saying I found this and should I grade it?

You found a coin that most every detectorist wants to find. Maybe you have found a bunch of them and it was absolutely no big deal to you to find another.

Nice coin

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it on a street they ripped up in my city last week. The street was paved in the 30's and hasn't been ripped up till now. Believe it or not nobody is hunting it. I have found sitting libertys, Barbers, lots of Mercs, an Indian was officers button, lots of indian heads and V nickels. 1 mile long of the oldest street in town there ripping up. I am in heaven!!! The hunt is on!!! I use a garrett at pro. It hit a solid 76 vdi. I freaked out when I saw it came out clean just as it is. This is my first gold coin. Sorry I confused you

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
When I found my gold coin I was in shock for about 10 minutes before I could start swinging again. I probably did another 8 hours that day without a break I was so pumped!

OP
OP
R

ryan714

Mar 27, 2012
oregon
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I found my gold coin I was in shock for about 10 minutes before I could start swinging again. I probably did another 8 hours that day without a break I was so pumped!

Ya when I saw it I yelled a lady across the street was looking at me and asked if I was okay. I ran over to her and showed her what I found. She was astonished. I tried to call my detecting buddy in Arizona and he didn't answer. I am now doing recon on every movement the guys are making down there as we speek. There is lots more to be found just have to be there at the right time. Also got permission to hunt the dump spot where they are taking all the concrete and dirt. They said they will be working on the street for the next 2 months and digging all the street and sidewalks up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread