Greenie
Apr 11, 2016
RUSSIA
Detector(s) used
X-TERRA 705, TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All participants of the forum Hello!
Because of their English is not sure what is right to place your topic in the forum. If not, ask the moderators to move the subject to the desired section.
My name is Vlad. Back in 1979 I was lucky enough to be born in the beautiful country of Russia. The country, which has a very rich history of the country, home to wonderful people, the birthplace of my father and mother, grandparents and where now grow my beloved children, and next to me has been 16 years of living my beautiful wife. I love my homeland, its history, and I want to share this with you. I do not want to discuss this topic, any political views, I am sure that in this forum there are people who like and I share a passion for finding long-lost artifacts left behind by our ancestors and our common interests will above all else. I am happy to answer any question relating to the history of Russia, will be glad to share with you what I've found something, I find, and even find. I'm always open to good communication.
Once again I am sorry for my English.
With respect to all, Vladislav.

P1010353.JPG

In the photo me and my little princess four years ago in the summer in the Crimea. I do not like to be photographed, so that's what found ...

Upvote 5
OP
OP
Н

НЭП

Greenie
Apr 11, 2016
RUSSIA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Vlad,

Nice finds, love the arrow tips. I have 2 close friends who live in the same city, but my self I have never hunted that area of Russia before, many other places, just not there.

You ever make it down to Georgia; there is also some really good hunting too, and not just with a metal detector, good bore too.

Welcome to the forum; if you ever make it over to western Europe sent me a PM and I can show you some great places to hunt if you like hunting for profit.

ODDJOB
Thanks for the invitation. For my part, also I invite you to visit if you're in the south of Russia. In Georgia, I did not have to happen, although many say that there are very nice.

OP
OP
Н

НЭП

Greenie
Apr 11, 2016
RUSSIA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The expedition in the wake of the Second World War. Neighborhood of the city of Tuapse. From August 1942 to January 1943, in these places was fierce fighting between the Red Army and the troops of the Wehrmacht. In Russia, we call such expeditions "Memory Watch" or simply "Echo of War". Such expeditions are very heavy, as they often have to walk literally explosives. Places uninhabited and wild. Over 70 years have passed since those events, there is almost no one there. But sometimes we go to ...

2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 10.JPG 11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 20.JPG 21.JPG 22.JPG 23.JPG 24.JPG 25.JPG 26.JPG

Last edited:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
НЭП;4943780 said:
Hello "WOODY"
I admire your travels around the world. I envy you that you had a chance to live in Hawaii. I only dream to get there. I love the movie "Blue Hawaii" with Elvis Presley. I do not know if it will get there. Wants just to visit Memphis, Graceland ... Residents of Russia is very difficult to obtain US visas. I already once the visa was refused. But I was in the Dominican Republic and Cuba. Cuba, it is generally a kind of time machine. If someone wants to look at America 50-60 years, welcome to Havana ... My wife and I just fell in love with Havana.
Now a few words I want to tell about your historic homeland. About Volyn region and the city of Zhitomir.
In the VI century, the beginning of VII centuries Volyn was inhabited by tribes Dulebs associations. At the beginning of X century in Volyn formed close ties with Kiev. In the same century Volyn land is part of the Vladimir-Volyn principality Old Russian state. In the XIV century it captured Lithuania, after the Union of Lublin in 1569 passed into the possession of Poland. In the middle of XVII century Ukraine was seized Khmelnytsky Uprising. Since 1793 the city of Zhitomir became part of the Russian Empire. Since 1804, by decree of the king's government, Zhytomyr officially became the administrative center of Volyn province of the Russian Empire. In 1921, after the revolution of 1917 and the total collapse of the Russian Empire under the Riga Treaty western Volyn, including modern Volyn region, Poland withdrew. However, in 1939, after joining the Western Ukraine into the USSR, the Presidium of the USSR Supreme Soviet Volyn region was formed on December 4, 1939. In this status, the area was part of the USSR until 1991. Since 1991, Volyn region is part of the modern state of Ukraine.
I am glad that you manage to dig in the UK. Russia knows what sort of wonderful laws and the attitude of the authorities to our hobby. In Russia, our interests lie in the border state of law. Unfortunately.
If I have correctly translated, you asked for a photo with my wife. I invested two. On our trip to Cuba.
I am glad to new acquaintances. Thank you for your interest in my topic.

View attachment 1299865 View attachment 1299866
Wow what a beautiful wife! And is that your family? And your 57 chevy? Nice. Thanks for all the information about Zhytomyr. Have to study it a bit. At first glance it looks like Zhytomyr was part of Russia in 1912. My mother / Grandmother always said they were Polish, well seeing all the times the land changed hands I guess their ancestors were. The felt Polish but lived actually in Russia and I think for a long time because my Grandmother always spoke Russian, never heard Polish. She had Russian friends from back in New York also. One reason for that could surely be the same reason you did not get a visa, back then they could get into the USA saying they were Polish, and maybe they were born there who knows. But it could be the reason they did not say Russian.

Anyway will study your comments, thank you very much. Well I did not only live in Hawaii/Vietnam and Japan but worked in each place for a number of years, also in Germany. Came to Holland in 71. In Holland much of everything besides farm ground is off limits for detecting, what I mean are places like in the downtown area's, where when a house is torn down and a new one put up, well we used to search the dug out area and that is where we used to find the nice good stuff, off limits now. Also all that sort of thing. So I mostly search much less nowadays. I am presently cataloging and putting all my good finds in a data base, I think it will take another half year to complete. It's a lot of work.

Hawaii was nice, expensive to live there, but nice. Did not detect back then, pity I could have made good finds there. All the rich go to the beach and lose all their nice diamond rings and stuff. I liked Okinawa the most, the clear warm sea water, snorkeling was a thing I did every time I could. Wonderful all the coral and fishes and such. Loved that.

Anyway take care and search! Nice to hear from you and see what you find there. You mentioned something in an other post about searching in Russia. You need a permit or something there?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the shovels, those are some diggers.

OP
OP
Н

НЭП

Greenie
Apr 11, 2016
RUSSIA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what a beautiful wife! And is that your family? And your 57 chevy? Nice. Thanks for all the information about Zhytomyr. Have to study it a bit. At first glance it looks like Zhytomyr was part of Russia in 1912. My mother / Grandmother always said they were Polish, well seeing all the times the land changed hands I guess their ancestors were. The felt Polish but lived actually in Russia and I think for a long time because my Grandmother always spoke Russian, never heard Polish. She had Russian friends from back in New York also. One reason for that could surely be the same reason you did not get a visa, back then they could get into the USA saying they were Polish, and maybe they were born there who knows. But it could be the reason they did not say Russian.

Anyway will study your comments, thank you very much. Well I did not only live in Hawaii/Vietnam and Japan but worked in each place for a number of years, also in Germany. Came to Holland in 71. In Holland much of everything besides farm ground is off limits for detecting, what I mean are places like in the downtown area's, where when a house is torn down and a new one put up, well we used to search the dug out area and that is where we used to find the nice good stuff, off limits now. Also all that sort of thing. So I mostly search much less nowadays. I am presently cataloging and putting all my good finds in a data base, I think it will take another half year to complete. It's a lot of work.

Hawaii was nice, expensive to live there, but nice. Did not detect back then, pity I could have made good finds there. All the rich go to the beach and lose all their nice diamond rings and stuff. I liked Okinawa the most, the clear warm sea water, snorkeling was a thing I did every time I could. Wonderful all the coral and fishes and such. Loved that.

Anyway take care and search! Nice to hear from you and see what you find there. You mentioned something in an other post about searching in Russia. You need a permit or something there?

No, it's not our car, and the people next to us, this is just the Poles, with them we met at the hotel in Varadero. This is a picture from Cuba. We met with them because the girl Yolanda, well spoken in Russian. And we began to make friends.
In Russia there are many stupid laws. This is one of those laws just refer to our hobby. If fully comply with the rules of this law, then the search with the detector virtually prohibited. But the laws are written and invented in Russia in order that they could be destroyed ... I do not know whether you understand me or not, but this live in Russia ... If you really want, you can ...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what an interesting thread. I love to read what other people in other countries are doing. Keep the politics out of the conversation. Politics are for politician, so they can keep their jobs! I watch video clips from Russia on YouTube all the time. If I didn't know better, except for the language, I would swear they were recorded right here in the U.S.
And your English is fine. But if you ever have questions about proper English, I would be willing to help. Off this form of course.

I have a pen pal in Odessa, Ukraine. I hear from him every now and then.

OP
OP
Н

НЭП

Greenie
Apr 11, 2016
RUSSIA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here, next to the photo of departure. Then he came under heavy rain ... to get to search for a place two hours. I was looking for just half an hour. More could not be, because otherwise it would be impossible to go to the road. Safety findings very good. This can be seen in the photo. Unfortunately the more I in the wrong place could happen. It is far from my house. And very bad road the last 20 miles of track. But all the inconveniences of the way through when you enter into a small village. Where most people and no more ... The Church is in the photo is already 170 years old. Made entirely of wood and just painted. The house, too, when it was habitable. Now there is no one living. House is also more than a hundred years. Here we have in Russia is unspoiled beauty ...

IMAG0062.jpg IMAG0064.jpg IMAG0067.jpg IMAG0066.jpg IMAG0060.jpg IMAG0061.jpg IMAG0068.jpg IMAG0070.jpg

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say, there is a VAST area of beauty up there. Too bad it's so desolate for 1/2 the year (meaning Siberia). I like Winter, but..... Silly-Tongue-Out smiley (small).png

tiburciovasquez

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi I just wanted to say, thank you so much for sharing! I myself would love to travel to Russia and metal detect there near the old Volga sites and in tatarastan. I did have some questions for you though.
So my first one is will you get arrested for metal detecting there? Can you detect on public land or only private? I don't mean to pry just wondering about the status of it over there. I'm from California and here you can detect on public land but you must ask permission to hunt farms, private houses, etc.

PS: you've got some great finds, keep up the good work

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Vlad, from Montreal. You have a super place for artifacts, thank you for your post, you have many nice finds. Best of luck in your future hunts and we hope to see more of your adventures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread