CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1802.JPG IMG_1800.JPG

Found my first silver the other day in my yard!

I am brand new to detecting and this is certainly my best find. My house is 99 year old and the yard is completely full of trash. Pretty much every square yard(of nearly an acre) contains iron. I replaced the concentric coil on my Ace 250 with a DD (maybe just of just saved that money to put towards an AT PRO or something) and I have been having much more success.
It seems that most people say to dig every single target when you are still learning. After maybe 8 total hours of working my yard and digging up nothing but nails, bits of wire, pulltabs, and other various trash, I decided to be just a bit more selective. With the DD coil, I can work between the iron and really pinpoint my targets (I don't even use the Ace 250's pinpoint mode anymore).

Hoping to find a lot more like this little beauty!

Upvote 9

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first silver. I'm sure there is more in that yard and the other yards nearby.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job breaking your silver cherry... Now put it down, and go find more!:thumbsup:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on pulling the Merc. :occasion14: When I started back in 2014, I discriminated way too much. Now I discriminate out 1 thru 16 on my F75 (Iron is 1 thru 19 on my detector). No sense in hearing all the iron. I'm mainly a coin shooter that enjoys a cool relic.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your first - And Many More to you! :occasion14:

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first silver coin find Canslawking (hey I dig a lot of can slaw- pull tabs & square tabs) - anyway thanks for sharing your pictures & story - wish you many more silver finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

FlightRisk

Apr 13, 2016
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro,ACE 250 w/5x8 DD, Pro Prointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! I have the ace 250 too and was thinking of changing to the DD coil. Are you using the 5x8?

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet and congrats on that first silver.........hope there are many more in your future.........

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the silver! There's more where that came from. I've worked areas and had to remove a lot of iron and trash, to get to the good stuff. It's tiresome, but you've got a prime yard to learn in. Some of that iron might be a cool pocket knife. Good luck!

OP
OP
C

CanSlawKing

May 9, 2016
Longmont, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey FlightRisk,
I bought the 5x8 off ebay, but it ended up being the 8.5x11. I think the 5x8 would have been a little better for my yard. I'm not quite certain if it was really worth the money, or if I should have put it towards an upgraded detector like the AT Pro. The DD has certainly made a huge difference for me, though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread