Scout

Jul 18, 2012
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites MX SPORT, Tesoro Eldorado 1989 model, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher Gold Bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Knives.jpg

These are just a few of the knives I have detected with my Tesoro Eldorado (lunch box) 1988 model and still digging strong:icon_thumright:
The first and third knife from the left where made from files and were found in old mining town and the two butter knives and pocket knife found there also. Must have been a Swiss Cheese knife on the right:laughing7:
My "Favorite and Best Find" is the old Trappers/Hunting knife in the center with worn wood handle because it was found on a "hunch":thumbsup: Having passed this beautiful stream and meadow area in the mountains on my dirt bike many times I new this was a place I wanted to detect and that It would have made a hunting camp back in the day. As I walked the area I noticed an enormous tree trunk that had been cut down so long ago there was not any sign of the tree left but this tree would have created a large shaded area perfect for a hunters camp. Years later I planned a day trip with a girlfriend to pack a lunch, load up the Rhino so I could haul my detector and go to go back to this place and hunt it. I parked the Rhino, walked around the creek and straight over to the old tree trunk and fired up the Tesoro. With thick pine needles all around I started to circle the tree trunk and I hit a strong signal right way! my hunch was right when I dig this knife out and half the wood was gone but one side was still there :hello2::icon_thumright: My hunch paid off as it has in the past! super stoked to find some old hunters knife and made the trip a success:icon_thumright:

Upvote 7

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good feel for the site equaled a great find.
Congrats on all of them.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool finds especially the old hunting knife. Good post and photos. Thanks for sharing.

ethanfez

Jun 15, 2013
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That knife on the right puts Swiss cheese to shame :P I make file knives every so often (usually use better metal) so the first and 3rd are cool!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bodacious set of knives "congrats" on your finds & I also like the hunter's knife best and bet the guy that lost it regrets losing it - anyway thanks for posting the picture and story of your finds for us and I wish you many more while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like the 4th one over. That is a nice collection

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread