The best things come from down under!

cookiemonstr87

Jun 18, 2007
California
I will try to describe my finding as best as I can, so bear with me. Or and eaiser way to see see them is to read about it and then take a minute to close your eyes and try to imagine what I am describing. Alright hear it goes. These are my favs from my pit.

I have put together a small collection of womens cosmetics including: A Dorothy Grey clear glass bottle with a white lid. The writing is almost completely worn off. A Dorothy Grey compact possibly made from copper, no cracks/chips in mirror, plus pd and roughe. Dorothy Grey lipstick with lid. A lipstick lid from HR. A clear fingernail polish bottle with a white screw lid, possibly Dorothy Grey. Now to my ABSOLUTE FAVS.

I happen to stumble across a small handpainted teapot. It is brown with bright yellow and green painted designs around the top. There are a few chips on one side. It looks like it had ben dropped and someone threw it away. Plus it is complete with a lid.

Now to the All Time Best Find:
I found another teapot the has no chips or cracks. It is just about in perfect condition. It is brown ceramic on the outside and white on the inside. It has strainer holes on the inside, and there is also one on the lid.

Well that's all for now, but I will try to get a couple pics in when I get a chance to, so you guys can see just exactly I am talking about.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from England.

Wow do you detect or dig dumps? or were they found some other way?

Get them pictures?

OP
OP
cookiemonstr87

cookiemonstr87

Jun 18, 2007
California
Actually I don't own a metal detector and believe it or not I have only used one once, and I ended up turning it off about 5 minutes laters. The first bottle that was found was actually by my mom. She was feeding the dog and noticed something sticking out of the ground. We pulled it up and were surprised an amber colored one gallon clorox bottle. A few days later after it rained some more we found another one. After that I decided to see where these bottles were comming from, so I started diggin'. ANd believe me i've dug a lot. A lot more than anyone has expected, but it is totally worth it, looking at everything I have pulled out of the ground were people had burried their trash. It is so freakin' amazing to dig up an old trash pit and actually find so many things worth keeping that could be worth lots of money!

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
Sounds like you found some really neat bottles! The best place I have found to find bottles is to locate where an old outhouse use to be. It takes some digging, but it's worth it, it seems they threw everything down there but the kitchen sink.

Best of Luck!
Beerbarrel

OP
OP
cookiemonstr87

cookiemonstr87

Jun 18, 2007
California
I'm not sure about that one.(kitchen sink). Our house was built in 1950 and everything is concrete except the roof. In the middle of the house we came to find a huge rectangular hole. The opening is about a 6x6 foot square and it goes down about 8 feet. When we moved in and started cleaning up everything we found some pretty wierd stuff. In the hole we found all sorts of thing including clothes shoes, garbage, a toilet, a bathtub, a bed, and womens high heel shoe about size 12 or 13. And purse with 10 cents in it. I can't think of anything else right now, but there are some of the wierd things we pulled of it.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started at 9 years old digging Victorian Bottle dumps, the holes I was in were bigger than me :)
I collected thousands but when we moved my parents said I had to pick the best ones & leave the rest behind, which I did :'( Still got them today.

Wasn't until 11 years old when I started detecting & haven't stopped since.

Maybe you should try again, ladies luck & all that!

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
That's interesting about the rectangular hole. I'm wondering if it could have been some type of basement. Is there some type of floor in it?
I saw your pictures where you were digging for the bottles, I have done the same thing when I have come across an old homesite.

Best of Luck!!!!!

Beerbarrel

OP
OP
cookiemonstr87

cookiemonstr87

Jun 18, 2007
California
The wierd part about this hole in the middle of our house is that is it all concrete. All four walls around are solid concrete, just like the house. The floor is also concrete. We haven't quite figured out what they used it for. Actually we can't find any history about our house at all. The oldest information that we have found out is that the property was sold in 1969, and then it was transfered to a family member in 1987. Although no one ever lived here. So as far as we know is that the people that built the house died shortly after it was finished. The husband died and then the wife died. Then a real estate dealer bought it, had it for about 20 years. Then the property was tranfered to a family member. Then this family member sold the property in like 1996 or 1999. Then a couple bought it, and then turned around and sold it again. After that a couple from Afghanistan bought and were hidding out for a few months before the woman went back, and that's when we bought the place. This property surely holds it's history within, and no one really knows much. But, as far as I am concerned, it still makes me wonder, why this beautiful peace of land has been vacant for so long. Although, when we first moved in we had some paranormal experiences. At first we thought that it was just our minds messing with us, but now 7 years later, it is clearly evident that no one lived here for so long because the place it haunted. I mean it sounds kind of crazy, but in a way it is kind of cool. Our family has came a long way in the past 7 years, and we don't plan to go anywhere. This house and the people that once occupied it are trying to keep it to themselves, which is fine, but since we are the first family to live here for a long period of time and are doing nothing to make it better makes it such a great experience. There is a lot of history behind this old house and some day I hope to find the answers to my questions, but for now all I can do is keep digging and hope for finding something out. Well that's it, and thanks for taking the time to read about my house!

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
That's very interesting! I'm just wondering, if you could contact the tax office to see who you could talk to and find the buliding permit. It is quite possible when the building permit was filed for, there may be a set of the blueprints on the house. Where abouts in the house is this hole? I'm just wondering, maybe this wasn't part of the original house, but was put there by the people from Afganistan for a hiding place. As far as you thinking your house is haunted, I believe in the paranormal, so don't think you are crazy. I've had to many friends describe experiences they had and I don't think they would be lying about them. I'm like you, it really peaks the interest in the house and finding out more about it, kind of like you digging for bottles, you never know what you will find next.

Beerbarrel
(Texas)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions