Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My front yard doesn't like me........neither does my back yard.........
They don't give up nuthin' but rust and nails..........:BangHead::laughing7:
Seriously, the first coin I found in my yard was a 1958 D Wheatie within the first 5 minutes of detecting..........I thought, "This is gonna be fun and easy!"............LOL
After 15 or so sweeps around the house, I've collected about $3.00......the most notable was a Sacajawea just under the back door steps...........

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A 2 gallon pail, rusted and crushed flat, 12" deep. It was my first find with the AT Pro. Really thought I'd hit the jackpot. Like the pail, I was crushed. The WOW factor was from my bride who asked, "Wow.......you paid how much to find that?" LOL

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in an apt above a business so the closest thing I've had to a front yard was hunting the sidewalk tearout a couple years ago. I found a 1901 V nickel and an 1883 IH penny amongst other things.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"What's the best thing you've found in your own front yard or on you're own property that kinda blows your mind--- like Wow"

2 elk having breakfast. :wink:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife bought me a bounty hunter for Christmas, about 8 years ago, just after we bought our house. I was green to the hobby, didn't have a pro pointer, or any clue on how to cut a plug. I tore my yard up with a big shovel, chasing every target, and there were LOTS of targets. After a week or so getting into the swing of things, my yard became an attractive cat box to all the neighborhood strays...wife was pissed.:laughing7:
Notable finds included a 6 pack of crushed Ballentine beer cans, buried with 3 live .45 caliber rounds, :dontknow:, a 1952 rabies vacc. dog tag, several wheats, oldest was 1910, and about 50 fishing weights and copper tube/plumbing scraps. I also recall pulling about 3 or 4 dollars in clad.
I put the detector away for a few years, as golf was still my primary hobby. So after an injury, that at the time prevented me from swinging a golf club, my wife suggested I try getting back into detecting. So I found all these detecting websites, got my interest in beeping again.
I dusted off the bounty hunter, and I found a 1942 Mercury dime!:headbang: That was right next to my front porch! I remember screaming bloody murder in excitement, it was my first silver, what an incredible feeling. Since then, I have been obsessed with detecting, so much so, that sometimes I can't sleep, thinking about permissions, finds, all that.
As soon as I upgraded to the AT Pro, I re-beeped my yard, and wouldn't you know, I found a 1915 Barber Dime, in my front yard, about a foot deep. It would still be there, if it wasn't for my wife.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lady's Harley Davidson club ring, Gave it to my wife's sisters daughter she lost it and we did not take pictures of it :BangHead:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About $4 in clad change, that my younger daughter confessed to taking it out of my wallet when she was little. She buried the coins in the lawn so her sister wouldn't find them. Becca squirrel forgot to dig them up. Typical squirrel.

75matador315

Jul 28, 2016
victory,ny
Detector(s) used
whites coin master pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20160728_092057.jpg asset-1.jpeg asset.jpeg 20160728_092046.jpg i found 2 indian head pennies in my front yard. the kicker is it was different dirt that i found the second one in. i found an 1881 in the front of my house. But my neighbor had brought a load of fill from his moms house in moravia,ny so i figured id check it out and out comes a 1865 ihp. So i figured id ask him to ask his mom if i could detect her house so im going sat with him. i will let you all know if i find anything else cool

thaigler

Jul 27, 2016
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesero Bandidio, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a top off of a 19th century cast iron dutch oven and 19th century blacksmith hoe.......nothing great. It just seemed odd for it to be in the backyard..Wife wont let me check the front yard :-)

I did find out later that where my house is located that in mid 1800's there was a large plantation close by with slaves. And where my house was was in the middle of 100s of acres of cotton. Hoe makes sense now ..Dutch oven in middle of cotton field who knows

Last edited:

metaldetecta

Jun 10, 2013
Michigan Troll
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro and Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Tanman2001

Greenie
Apr 9, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My house is from 1959 and my best find there would either be a 1940 Mercury Dime or a 1945-P War Nickel. I can't decide :dontknow:

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A 1777 Spanish 2 Reale coin found in the side yard of a house built in 1948.

WhiteTornado

Jun 18, 2013
Baltimore/DC area
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-pointer, Sampson T-handle Shovel, Lesche hand digger, Garrett and Gray Ghost Ultimate headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outside the front door of the house where I lived as a teenager, I found a silver 1963 Canadian dime. This was a house in the midwest, built in 1965. Go figure :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread