My first and best ring

future

Apr 9, 2016
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Whites 6000 DI Pro, Whites GMT, Whites Surf PI Dual Field......want a Minelab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was my first trip to the lake with my brand new Whites Surf PI Dual Field under water detector, and I had high hopes! After using it for an hour I was pretty used to what it was trying to tell me. I had located a number of coins, bottle caps, pull tabs, & nails by taking my large plastic trowel and fanning away the sediments over the target site. Then I found a target that I couldn't locate.....it was apparently a deeper target than the others. After fanning away almost a foot of sediment I caught the glint of gold! Carefully reaching down I picked up a gold ring with four diamonds! I about pee'd right down my leg I was so excited! When I got it home I examined it with my magnifying glass and saw only the number 916. After comparing it to my wedding band I saw it was much more of a gold color. Curious now, I looked up what 916 meant on the Internet and was amazed to learn this was a 22 k gold ring! Since then I've found several 14 K gold rings but none of them can match the beautiful full gold color of the 22 k ring. And its the only ring I've found so far containing diamonds. 2.  Gold & Silver rings I found in Hawaii except far left one 2010 - 2013.JPG 2.  Gold & Silver rings I found in Hawaii except far left one 2010 - 2013.JPG

Upvote 10

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the ring, more to come I'm sure:occasion14:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
That Color is like Golden Butter! VN First Gold!.........:headbang:

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to find the right words to say how cool that is. I can appreciate the effort it took to fan a foot of sediment. Congratulations!

OP
OP
F

future

Apr 9, 2016
Boise, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Whites 6000 DI Pro, Whites GMT, Whites Surf PI Dual Field......want a Minelab e-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all your compliments! It was hard sticking with it because this target was so deep, but I was determined. The Surf PI only has one sound for all targets, and I think this helped me continue. If it would have had sound discrimination I probably wouldn't have dug it, thinking it was probably trash, going only for those high pitched sounding targets. I have found a total of 6 gold rings now, and 4 of them have inscriptions in them. One gave their initials and a date of 1961.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just an awesome find - Congratulations! :occasion14:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find with the Dually! Congrats

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Nokta Legend,
Garrett Pro Pointer,
Garrett Pro Pointer AT,
Human eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
There is just nothing comparable to the beauty of gold. Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A beautiful gold ring, congratulations! :occasion14:

Zandoliisland

Oct 9, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Fisher Gold bug
Vibra-King Pulse Induction 750
Whites TRX pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Find!! One day I hope to find one too..:icon_thumright:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was my first trip to the lake with my brand new Whites Surf PI Dual Field under water detector, and I had high hopes! After using it for an hour I was pretty used to what it was trying to tell me. I had located a number of coins, bottle caps, pull tabs, & nails by taking my large plastic trowel and fanning away the sediments over the target site. Then I found a target that I couldn't locate.....it was apparently a deeper target than the others. After fanning away almost a foot of sediment I caught the glint of gold! Carefully reaching down I picked up a gold ring with four diamonds! I about pee'd right down my leg I was so excited! When I got it home I examined it with my magnifying glass and saw only the number 916. After comparing it to my wedding band I saw it was much more of a gold color. Curious now, I looked up what 916 meant on the Internet and was amazed to learn this was a 22 k gold ring! Since then I've found several 14 K gold rings but none of them can match the beautiful full gold color of the 22 k ring. And its the only ring I've found so far containing diamonds. View attachment 1352704 View attachment 1352704

Never sell your first gold ring.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions