Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I took the time to arrange a group shot of all my Spanish silver found over the last 25 years. All but two of them were found in Southwestern Pennsylvania. This was quite a project as I had to take them out of the site specific display cases and attach colored stickers to the undersides so I would know which frame to put them back in.

Attachments

• Spanish-All 9-5-16.JPG
    Spanish-All 9-5-16.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 521
Upvote 32

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is quite a load of silver. That represents swinging over some quality soil for sure. Congrats on finding all that Spanish plus the research it took to get you there. It would not take me long to organize mine I figure I would just put the two of them next to each other lol I don't know maybe one over the other LOL

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... I was getting "sucked in" to that picture...

Like a hippie staring at a blacklight poster :P

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture! At the 10 year mark I would have thought I'd be on pace for a similar pic after 25 years, but the last 5 years has been quite the Spanish silver drought. Very strange as little has changed, and I still dug plenty of old finds, but the Spanish just won't turn up for me. So I guess for my 25 year pic I'll have to do buttons!
Your button pic would be killer but I suspect you have sold a few that would stand out in such a picture 8-)

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow... I was getting "sucked in" to that picture...

Like a hippie staring at a blacklight poster :P
LOL. If I could just make it swirl like a whirlpool.....

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve , That's a very impressive collection of old Silver , congrats .. cheers Mick

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is quite a load of silver. That represents swinging over some quality soil for sure. Congrats on finding all that Spanish plus the research it took to get you there. It would not take me long to organize mine I figure I would just put the two of them next to each other lol I don't know maybe one over the other LOL

I would wait a few more years on that picture.....
I'm sure in a few more years you will have enough for a nice picture. This is proof they can be found in quantity in our area.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool picture looks great in your avatar. Besides the cobs what's your oldest ones? I would probably have a heart attack if I dyg that 8R! I would love to hear the story on that one.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your button pic would be killer but I suspect you have sold a few that would stand out in such a picture 8-)

I've sold some of my dug button finds but they were doubles. As long as I still get over some decent button finds I'm not worried about Spanish silver... just funny how tough it is for me now. That said I would like a get a nice 8 reales as mine is very rough, but it would only be to have a nice one to look at as I doubt it would improve on the memory because I was pretty blown away when I dug mine still being fairly new to detecting.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do we give banners for accumulated finds...

Oh and BTW Steve... where the hell do you live... PA. Spain ? :P

Last edited:

LPN1

Greenie
Sep 7, 2016
New Brunswick
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400i
BH 2200
DETEKNIX PINPOINTER
Garret pinpointer
Hori Hori Knife
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow very nice :) Congratulations on the Spanish silver!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing, that's a great pic! Don't have much chance at Spanish silver here in Michigan.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool picture looks great in your avatar. Besides the cobs what's your oldest ones? I would probably have a heart attack if I dyg that 8R! I would love to hear the story on that one.

Actually the cobs are from the 1720s so I'm told. There is a cut piece with a full date of 1708, which is my oldest.
OK. Here is the story on the 8 Reale. I had been searching for Whiskey Rebellion camps near Mount Pleasant and had hit one particular field a couple times finding a King George II, a couple buttons, a few musket balls, some broken red ware pottery etc. Most of the finds were toward one edge of the field. So my younger brother comes home from Colorado to visit for a couple weeks and he likes to go out with me. That particular day we had tried to find the Great Crossings of the Yough and had hunted both sides of the river where I thought it was located. We got skunked down there and on the way home to my parents I suggested hitting the field where I was finding a few things. We got into the field and he went one way and I was working the edge where I had found the most when the guy who lived next door came out and started talking to me. He asked the usual questions, what are we looking for, are we finding anything, etc. He mentioned that he had lost a lynch pin from his riding mower trailer or something like that. I said that if he lets us hunt his yard we might find it. His yard bordered the edge of the field where the stuff was coming from. So he let us on his property. He followed me around and watched what I was digging, all the while I was trying to charm him. My brother was about 15 yards away doing his thing with my old Troy X2 which he had been *****ing didn’t go deep enough. Finally the owner went in for dinner and we started popping coppers, 8 in all including two New Jerseys and two half cents. When we got back to my parents, my brother pulled the 8 reale out. He said it was only 3 inches deep, and he scratched the Kings nose with his sloppy digging. Our deal is that I put a detector in his hands and put him on a spot to hunt, and he gives me whatever he finds for my collection. There are actually 3 coins that he dug in this picture and I dug the rest.

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive and nice arrangement. I would be more than happy with the ugliest one.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very...Very...Nice :occasion14: :skullflag::skullflag:

foreverRich

Mar 31, 2009
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Gamma 6000
,GTA1000, Discovery3300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, You did a great job arranging the display and I appreciate a chance to see them. I know it represents a lot of hours of work and enjoyment. Hope you have many more successful hunts to come!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty photo you braggart [emoji6]. That picture shows how hard it is to find whole pistareens.....I have only one.
You have me beat by a lot but I have given more than a few away to property owners but I won't be doing that any longer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread