bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve,

Quite the haul of Spanish silver....thanks for sharing.

Regards + HH

Bill

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve, thank you so much for sharing this photo. I have NEVER found a piece of Spanish silver. It is now the TOP of my most wanted list. Congratulations on all of those wonderful finds. It would be interesting to know how many hours on the headphones all of that silver represents. :notworthy:

Jul 25, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! I've only been able to dream of finding stuff like that!

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve, thank you so much for sharing this photo. I have NEVER found a piece of Spanish silver. It is now the TOP of my most wanted list. Congratulations on all of those wonderful finds. It would be interesting to know how many hours on the headphones all of that silver represents. :notworthy:
The first piece, a 1764 one real, was found in January 1990. The latest piece, a two reale cob, was found in May 2016. I can only say that is 26 years of digging, probably 20 outings a year on the average.

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thats impressive Steve. Just a quick note as I sit here w/ no fields to hunt - you suck. lol

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats impressive Steve. Just a quick note as I sit here w/ no fields to hunt - you suck. lol
I've felt the same way about you a few times when you're posting 17th century buckles and cobs :laughing7:
I have no decent places to hunt now either, but I put my time to good use and created this beautiful colonial coin arrangement for everyone to enjoy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding collection and presentation:notworthy:
Don.......
Thanks Don. I know how much you appreciate Spanish Colonial Silver. I'm glad you liked the picture.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve,
Yes, I do watch for Spanish Colonial Silver and yours may be the best presentation of SCS I've seen on TN-- a lot of time and artistic thought is obviously present.
Don.....
I thought the spiral pattern with the 8R in the center would look a lot better than the traditional square grid:sunny:

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an incredible collection of Spanish buddy. Makes mine look a bit insignificant lol. Not easy to find at all. Very very impressed with that picture

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent display of a lifetime of scs finds. Thank you for sharing them. Also thank you for being specific about the time it took to amass this display. Your post quietly teaches the lesson, research, permission and time time time.

JonG

Feb 1, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time I dig up a silver target, that's what I imagine, then BAM! reality....... Maybe one day.

AWESOME collection Steve!

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great display. To me what you mentioned about having to remove them from your site display's to make this one says a lot. I've always felt displaying finds by site is what makes our hobby special. Just displaying finds by type ,ie buckles in one display, coppers in an another display etc makes our finds loose context. Nice work.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great display. To me what you mentioned about having to remove them from your site display's to make this one says a lot. I've always felt displaying finds by site is what makes our hobby special. Just displaying finds by type ,ie buckles in one display, coppers in an another display etc makes our finds loose context. Nice work.
Thanks, I have always felt strongly about keeping everything from a given site together/identified. The sum of the items recovered from a site tells the story of the site.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an incredible collection of Spanish buddy. Makes mine look a bit insignificant lol. Not easy to find at all. Very very impressed with that picture
Thanks Abe, I'm happy with the way the pic turned out. Remember it took 25 years of digging to accumulate these, that's only 2.6 per year on the average :laughing7:

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent display of a lifetime of scs finds. Thank you for sharing them. Also thank you for being specific about the time it took to amass this display. Your post quietly teaches the lesson, research, permission and time time time.
Thanks Tom. Yes, when you do the math I'm only averaging 2.6 per year. Rome wasn't built in a day!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture! At the 10 year mark I would have thought I'd be on pace for a similar pic after 25 years, but the last 5 years has been quite the Spanish silver drought. Very strange as little has changed, and I still dug plenty of old finds, but the Spanish just won't turn up for me. So I guess for my 25 year pic I'll have to do buttons!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions