Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
I consider these to be my best finds.
Exceedingly difficult targets to detect, they show the rewards of Recovering Every Signal, regardless of how trashy they may sound.
One cast 18k bicuspid with porcelain facing, was recovered from the foundation of a colonial era thru 19th C quay.
being broken out of bridgework, I like to think it was busted out during a fight on the dock.
The amalgam molarcap was from a popular seaside swimming beach, someone was eating and spit it out thinking they bit into a pebble (conjecture of course)
The amalgam bicuspid turned up at another seaside colonial era site, Another oddity is that two of the three teeth are bicuspids.
Reminded of these finds by a recent eyeball recovery of a piece of denture work from freshwater swimming area, the alloy is likely 'Cobalt Chrome' and though
fairly substantial, barely registers on a multifreq vlf detector, I saw the semicircular shape while detecting submerged and got no response from a quick swing after
spotting it. Thanks for looking and HH all, Herbie. Well, I can not find a photo of the modern denture or the item itself... will update.

GOLD 2015-08-07  (12).JPG GOLD 2015-08-07  (13).JPG GOLD 2015-08-07  (14).JPG GOLD 2015-08-07  (15).JPG

Upvote 9

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are pretty cool finds. Congrats!

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Umm.. congratulations? Gold is gold I suppose but dang, kind of creepy...

OP
OP
steelheadwill

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Umm.. congratulations? Gold is gold I suppose but dang, kind of creepy...
Thanks guys !
BIENER, the gold content is not why I value them, they are important to me for the reasons I stated in my op.
I don't think there have been any posts of single metal tooth recoveries, and I've dug three.
I love them, and the stories that i've connected to them on how they might have been lost. HH All :thumbsup:

BIENER

Apr 27, 2016
Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
AT Max
Racer 2
CORS Fierce coil
CORS Fortune coil
CORS Scout
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No disrespect intended, sorry if it was implied. :thumbsup:

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
only detector enthusiasts can understand digging gold teeth beneath the earth and displaying as a trophy. regular people ("squares") prob wont understand. congrats!!!!!!!!! :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
steelheadwill

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks everyone!,
No offense taken BEINER, just. Wanted to be clear, given the small size their melt value would be minimal.
Hh all!

CaptEsteban

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2011
Most dental gold comes in at about 16kt, so be careful that a buyer doesn't rip you off & pay you for 10 or 14kt !

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys !
BIENER, the gold content is not why I value them, they are important to me for the reasons I stated in my op.
I don't think there have been any posts of single metal tooth recoveries, and I've dug three.
I love them, and the stories that i've connected to them on how they might have been lost. HH All :thumbsup:

I have see a few post where people found gold teeth but ist is very rare and to find so many makes one wonder. Moke likely now days to find a gold or solver grill.

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a keen eye for finding what most of us might overlook in so many different places! Thanks for pointing out another facet of our hobby. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread