How to make finding Clad coins (and non-clad) FUN!

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I figured out a way to make finding clad fun! Also works for non-clad coins!

I bought a set of Littleton Custom Coin folders. The set has all denominations of coins in separate coin folders. Folders are by denomination and date range. Coin spots are by year of coin and by mint and/or other special variety.

Example coin folder below:

folder.jpg

For example, I have the folder for state commemorative quarters and have already dug 12 since I began using this process only a few months ago.

Now, when I find a 1980 D (Denver mint) penny, it goes in the Lincoln Memorial Cents Volume 1959-1998 folder. The folders fold up like books and store nicely on a shelf. Yes, you soon get "extras." I place extras by denomination in mason jars. These I will eventually cash in to help cover the cost of the coin folders!

Just thought I would pass along this idea. Feel free to share other ways you are using!

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Trapper340

Aug 21, 2016
Lebanon missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've already started doing that ,except I don't have the cards yet. I find myself looking for coins that are in the 1980's sure helps when pickings are far and few between.

OP
OP
Rogue Relic Hunter

Rogue Relic Hunter

Oct 3, 2016
Virginia Colony
Detector(s) used
DETECTORS: XP Deus WS-4, Garrett AT Pro and Pro-Pointer, Fisher CZ-5
TOOLS: Piranha shovel & R85 Military digger, both by Predator Tools
ATTIRE: Red Head brand Knee-High Waterproof Snake Boots
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've already started doing that ,except I don't have the cards yet. I find myself looking for coins that are in the 1980's sure helps when pickings are far and few between.

agreed. it used to be irritating digging a clad coin. now, i stop, wipe it off, look it over, and think, do i need this? sure put a zip back into digging clad coins. the folders are very nice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread