Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just dug about a week ago. I hit a honey hole. See the other post. I also have about 50 more items from the same place. Too tired to do anything else today. Went to the beach and found some coins and toys. Not much today. I'll get pics of that and get it up too. Place this was found isn't on any map. Only one out of about 5 Confederate items, 3 of the others were ring tail sharps. IMG_1320.JPG Unfortunately I slid the shovel across the high part of the wreath (only) so when she's cleaned up I'm afraid it's going to have a few bright spots. Oh well. My second one since I started detecting about 1981. BOTH were found this year. When my legs stop throbbing I'll see which one it is as I have the reference book sitting nearby.

Upvote 7
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my detecting "career" I have dug 3 Confederate buttons, 85 or so Union buttons, 100 marked Revolutionary War buttons, 2 Rev War plates, both unmarked and now three Union plates and two Confederate plates. That career goes back to 1981, but I didn't detect for 20 years in between. The Rev sites are now gone. This last CW site I literally stumbled on. Kind of like look-for-big-tree-b- itself, then find a tree clump.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I can I'll post some of the Rev buttons. Most were traded off years ago and figure with 100, about 70 were in horrible condition. Was sick the other day. So We'll see, it will take a bit.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It cleaned up really nice with a chocolate patina. I've been all over 3 states digging and such yesterday and today but will try to get a pic of it in the camera. Got woken at 4:30 am. Another house caught fire a few miles from here. Another was burned down about 5 weeks ago. Hope there's not an arsonist around.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions