Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is some I got....got some older somewhere else, even some blue glass....
I'm a hoarder, it'll be years before the ones I leave behind will ever find it....
IMG_0716.JPG

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been tumbling my own up here in the mountains. I sure miss the beach, and the frosted look of the glass.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my camera, I think, working. Going to the beach now and will try to get pics up tonigth as I watch cartoons, I mean news networks. Have numerous colors and gotta love that brown beer bottle glass.

I used to give it away every year to a couple friends that were into it. I'll take a couple pics tonight and post them on your thread smokey. I collected quite a bit this year and have decided to hang onto it from now on. Im going to learn to wrap and mount it in silver. I found my first piece of uranium or vasaline sea glass this year. I have read that on certain beaches in California it is illegal to collect it as it is protected now. Bermuda too. If u get somthing for free and start to make money from it you better believe the gov. wIll regulate it. So get it while you can.

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I literally had a dream the other night that I was finding that stuff....and I have never hunted for it before.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here some pics of this years haul minus a couple handfuls I gave away.
photo-193.JPG uranium piece it glows in black light.
photo-195.JPG
photo-197.JPG
photo-194.JPG
photo-196.JPG

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is what I got this year and last. IMG_1322.JPG IMG_1324.JPG IMG_1325.JPG IMG_1326.JPG IMG_1327.JPG

First picture is redware, black glass 18th Century bottle pcs., combware, hand painted chinese export porcelain and others from the site of the wreck of the Faithful Steward in Delaware. Pic with the large amount of green glass on the left and white glass on the right, the green is from the wreck in Lewes, DE, the HMS Severn, and the white from all along the Atlantic coast. All together, one day I'll make wire wrapped jewelry out of some.

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got gallons of it in old mason jars. My wife started collecting it when she was around 12 and has saved all of it. Every location we hunt from has a separate jar and we have filled them. The best place so far has been the Cape but Newfoundland was a close second. The beaches are very rocky their but it feels like nobody bothers to collect it.

The best find was a chunk of dark blue or aqua? glass bottle "bottom" that included the date. It was prior to 1900 and easy to read. I think a storm dislodged it from the sand in Little Pleasant Bay, East Orleans, MA. If i get a change, ill try to round up all of the jars for a picture this weekend.

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got about 7500 pieces from 30 years of collecting on the Cape. I'll post pics when I can.

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I just recently got into collecting it as there is a fairly loaded beach about 40 minutes from us. So much glass washes up it's actually known as "glass beach". There used to be a bottle dump near an old shipping quarantine area around a point from it, and the currents swirl in a weird vortex and just pummel the glass. Very few big pieces, most about the size of a BB or pea, a few fingernail size and still fewer bigger than that. We bought some cheap old medicine glass jars from flea bay to show them off in. Probably have about 200 pieces, brown and clear/white mostly, but maybe 25 or so green and about a dozen blue. I do have 1 red piece, extremely small, we're talking maybe 1/16" across, but ruby red bright. By far my favorite piece so far.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch from various places... mostly Florida... some from Maine.
Maine also has a lot of old porcelain / pottery pieces that were used in early times for ballast in the ships.

When the weight of a ship needed adjustment / lightened... they would dump it overboard... which now surfaces in rare amounts on the beaches... which is highly desired as well.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd never paid any attention to that hobby before, and I certainly did not realize how popular it is.

While I was beach hunting on the Carolina coast last weekend, I saw 3 people scouring the beach for sea glass, stopped one and chatted with him for a while.

Interesting....

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a bunch from various places... mostly Florida... some from Maine.
Maine also has a lot of old porcelain / pottery pieces that were used in early times for ballast in the ships.

When the weight of a ship needed adjustment / lightened... they would dump it overboard... which now surfaces in rare amounts on the beaches... which is highly desired as well.
A friend of mine in the horse business used to go yachting off St. Augustine with another horse owner. After they would have a meal, she would walk down the table, stack all the dishes one on top of the other, walk out the back door of the yacht, and throw them all off the back of the boat! LOL.

Needless to say, they're are probably about 2000 sets of china off the St. Augustine coast.
Nothing old, mind you..... :laughing7:
I'm just waiting on stories from ppl, when they start finding it, lol. :laughing7:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now have the jewelry making equipment to make it into jewelry, a diamond drill set up, grinder and can wire wrap in sterling. One day when the ground is frozen rock hard and it snows.

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend has some giant pieces some are from bottles from the 1800s and a Coke bottle from the 40s

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My girlfriend has some giant pieces some are from bottles from the 1800s and a Coke bottle from the 40s

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Hey Kent...about 25 yrs ago, my moms friend broke up a ton of colored glass, and tossed it off the breakwater in front of Berts on Plymouth beach...
She did this in the fall, hoping to find beachglass later on the next spring....a lot of it prolly still there....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions