Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 2 gold rings, 1 with diamonds, a small 14k earring and a small gold heart. The Mexican coin was a surprise, 1945 2 1/2 pesos. That was more of a shocker than the mans' ring with diamonds. gold coin.jpg IMG_1271.JPG I actually don't have pics of the others. The cat is getting old and slow.

Upvote 10

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
A golden year for sure!! Your Hot on those gold coins too, You had one a few years ago if I remember correct...

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found two in my life. I thought I had a third but it was a fake someone threw on the beach to jerk some poor person's chain - like mine. Looked real though. I have never found an American gold coin. Right now I'm in three really hot sites, so maybe soon.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kudos on the sweet gold. Digging a gold coin is on most everyone's bucket list. Congrats on checking that one off the list. :occasion14:

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my first. I literally sat down and cried after I realized it wasn't a fake. January 2013. IMG_0002.JPG

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A gold coin is awesome. Congrats on the gold and I hope you have more success in the coming year. Thanks for sharing.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you found a gold coin on a beach?

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the 1774 full guinea shown on the Tesoro Cibola which found it, came from the site of the wreck of two British Ships. The Three Brothers and the Faithful Steward. The Three Brothers went down (if I remember right) in 1774. It was carrying pay for the Brits in Philly, and the Faithful Steward went down in 1787 after a storm, almost on top of the first ship. There was a shoal out there, but it is gone now. I posted this back in 2013. Check it out. Need....American....gold....coin....

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure will, right on the whiskers. (Cat whiskers)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hoping smokey is a real cat and not a ephemism

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smokey is a REAL cat. Just as shown in the avatar. I think if I actually TRIED a kiss on the lips, he'd take my face off. I've had him 6 years since my brother died, and he sort of likes me, most days. Just don't touch the cat anywhere or anytime the cat does not want it. He's actually pretty good, likes to sleep by my face, but was somehow traumatized a long time ago and so cat kissing is not gonna happen, and he is not the snuggling sort either. Loves to play with the cat toys and just loves life in general. The 15 pounder BOINGS through the house. That's a sight to see.

BTW I like to dig gold, any kinds, but seriously, that Mexican coin is just plain ugly.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Smokey is a REAL cat. Just as shown in the avatar. I think if I actually TRIED a kiss on the lips, he'd take my face off. I've had him 6 years since my brother died, and he sort of likes me, most days. Just don't touch the cat anywhere or anytime the cat does not want it. He's actually pretty good, likes to sleep by my face, but was somehow traumatized a long time ago and so cat kissing is not gonna happen, and he is not the snuggling sort either. Loves to play with the cat toys and just loves life in general. The 15 pounder BOINGS through the house. That's a sight to see.

BTW I like to dig gold, any kinds, but seriously, that Mexican coin is just plain ugly.

You could always melt it down and remake it into something of beauty!

Frank

absosecur

Oct 26, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
All gold is beautiful to me. I'm still waiting to dig my first gold coin. I found two once in an abandoned apartment. The lady left owing a lot of rent and never returned for anything. After it had been ransacked by five or six different people i was part of the cleanup crew and doing so I was going into very small Manila pouches and found a 1886 5 dollar gold piece and a 1853 o one dollar gold piece. Not a lot of centimental value because I didn't dig them so I traded the five for a new spectrum xlt. I did love the one dollar cause it had some Value to it. Loaned it to a friend and she traded it for dope. Meth. Didn't even know she was a dope head. I could not find her she moved to Arkansas. I heard she was killed in a wreck one yr later. I don't wish bad on anyone but karma is real.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, if it came to that, I'd sell it and get something better, but I generally do not sell stuff I find. So old ugly will stay in the safe.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a HUGE amount of 1972 double die Lincolns from a mint bag, types 3, 6, and 8's. Sold a bunch as I didn't need them all. Not the same thing as dug finds though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread