"Hunted Out" Park Finds

M

minelabex1000

"Hunted Out" Park Finds

Here are a few of the finds I've made in a couple of extremely "hunted out" parks.

These are tiny parks in Michigan where entire clubs have regularly hunted for the past 20+ years. Even pull tabs are getting hard to find!

There are several gold and silver rings and large silver coins not in these pictures as my kids wanted them. I also found several Civil War era relics not shown here.

May this pump somebody up? ;D

Attachments

• coins.jpg
    coins.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 681
Upvote 1
OP
OP
M

minelabex1000

Re: "Hunted Out" Park Finds

Lowbatts said:
From best finds to what's a FOB to a question of the authenticity of wrestling?? ARGGHH!? I can't keep up!? I'm going out beeping!

Oh yeah, I have a 1939 Funk & Wagnall's College Standard.

Yeah! These postings can really ramble at times. Personally, I always like to stay on track. Speaking of beeping, I'm glad you're going outside to do that? ;D

R

robert_from_pa

Don't know where I heard this, but I've always known "fob" to mean "front or back" - meaning the front or back of a watch... makes sense to me, so that's what it means! :D

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

We love you too, Diggin D. It means Almost Uncirculated. We appreciate the questions, it keeps the brain cells from wandering off. LOL HH

OP
OP
M

minelabex1000

FoxHound said:
AWSOME finds!!!

Thanks FoxHound!

But they don't compare to your button find. That truly is awesome.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

:o What great finds,just goes to show that you CAN pull a lot out of the ground.When i'm on an old home site i'll take a plot and swing it from north to south then back again from east to west.Can't tell you how much was missed on the first run.If I'm having good results I'll change my settings and go after it again.HH

OP
OP
M

minelabex1000

JARMAN said:
:o? What great finds,just goes to show that you CAN pull a lot out of the ground.When I'm on an old home site i'll take a plot and swing it from north to south then back again from east to west.Can't tell you how much was missed on the first run.If I'm having good results I'll change my settings and go after it again.HH?

Yes, you are right. We can miss a lot of stuff and think we hunted an area out.

Many saw my findings picture on the 1st listing here and didn't believe it. I didn't think it any big deal.

The truth is, you can't find coins if they're not there. However, if a site was heavily used by people over a period of say 100 years, there's plenty of stuff still buried there. I'll bet I could return to the same parks and still find more old coins and jewelry. I may not find as much as I did last time, but I'd find some good items.

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

Minelab, my sentiments aswell. You abought covered it all with the hunting conditions,and learning that from the folks on this forum and my own OJT my results have been much better.I have many sites I need to return to from long ago becouse I did not have that same sense at the time.Keep it diggin.HH

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome "worked out" finds. Keep em comin.

OP
OP
M

minelabex1000

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging words!

Discrimination

Used the wrong way, setting your detector to discriminate is like cutting a hole in your treasure pocket---you're loosing goodies!

Used properly, discrimination becomes an aid to finding the "good stuff."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions