Ring, Ring..Its gold calling

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Ring, Ring..It's gold calling

I was hunting in late March in a park that I had not yet hunted due to the proximity in a section of town, with lots of police activity in the area.
I went early to try and miss anyone else in the park.I drove in the lot and nobody else was there.
Excellent!!!!!

I was picking up some clad in the tot lot, and dropping it into my coin pouch,and after about 20 minutes, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a glint of something shiny on top of the woodchips. As I went over to it, I saw it was a gold ring...into my pants pocket it went.
After another few minutes of detecting some more...Picking up a couple of pennies , I again noticed another shiny glint on the woodchips..........It was another gold ring....... I picked it up and it went into another pants pocket.

A few more minutes of searching in the chips, I then noticed a very colorful painted car with very large custom chrome looking wheels enter the park parking lot. Not wanting to get in a tussle for wearing my pants belted above my hips..or being in the wrong place at the wrong time...... I quietly left and went to another nicer area park to see what I actually had picked up.

I had scored a 14K GE nugget ring and a 18K GE ring. The GE after the karat means the gold is elecroplated. I had the stone tested in the smaller ring and it is only a CZ.
But I think they are a nice addition to my ring collection.

Attachments

• Ringpair.jpg
    Ringpair.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,458
Upvote 0

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Ring, Ring..It's gold calling

;D ;D ;D Wowzers man, lol. what an eye

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

gypsyheart said:
Great finds...you better hunt those chips more often!

I need a partner for this kind of neighbor HOOD park ...I want to go coin SHOOTING, and not STAB any finds by KILLING the coins good clean surface AREA...........

As Ross Perot used to say...."Do you get my drift??" ;) ;) ;)

MissyW72

Jun 25, 2007
Houston
Detector(s) used
Whites M6

Dimeman said:
gypsyheart said:

I need a partner for this kind of neighbor HOOD park ...I want to go coin SHOOTING, and not STAB any finds by KILLING the coins good clean surface AREA...........

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Dimeman I told you to call me! I still need your help learning my machine! I see what kind of friend you are! ;)

OP
OP
Dimeman

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5

MissyW72 said:
Dimeman said:
gypsyheart said:

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! Dimeman I told you to call me! I still need your help learning my machine! I see what kind of friend you are! ;)

I hunted this park only once..only for about 45 minutes or a bit more, in late March......and I would only go again with at least 2 other hunters.......to kind of watch each others backs..... :o :o

rjnail

Nov 25, 2005
Detector(s) used
Excalibur,

nice rings,

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston

Hey Dimeman .Give me a shout if you are game for another run at the older, questionable Houston parks. Just gotta hit em early . B4 the bangers get up. I am in Humble. I agree it is always bets to have someone watch your back. HH Gayle

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

That stinks that the one on the right is GE. It is a Gypsy set ring and I have solid 18k gold one with saphires from around the world in it and if they are solid they are not cheap. I still love it and that nugget one's not too shabby either!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:thumbsup:

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I think the guy in the colorful car with the custom wheels was the owner of those rings. ;D

spisswgt

Jun 24, 2008
Blue Springs Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ace Garrett 250
Radio Shack Discovery 2000

he probably took the rings off so he could show his homies how a real gangsta' swings on the jungle gym.... naw what i'm sayin?!

R

RUDY2003

rsc said:
Hey Dimeman .Give me a shout if you are game for another run at the older, questionable Houston parks. Just gotta hit em early . B4 the bangers get up. I am in Humble. I agree it is always bets to have someone watch your back. HH Gayle
He's right bout that....I'd go too, maybe we could outnumber em' while we're runnin for the truck......

Keep safe...

Keith

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread