5 Days, 5 Bucket listers! Colonial to Cannonball....in Nebraska!

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lined up an awesome pony express station location near Fort Kearney earlier this week. Within the first couple hours I pulled an 1845 Large Cent.
The next day I was meeting a couple other guys further north. We hunted a church yard in Oconto and I pulled what I thought was a cutout. It wasn't until I looked at the other side that I realized I had a slick 1770-1775 King George III Half Pence!! In a town that only dates to the 1880's !! Im sure someone lost their lucky coin at church after it had already been in pockets for 100 years or more.
The next day I took the guys to one of my spots in Holbrook NE, where I had hit before with my AT Pro and found wheats. I ended up pulling my first half dollar, a 1904 Barber! It was sitting on edge and made a pretty funny signal with the ctx. We got that one on video.

20170217_171546.jpg

Yesterday I took my girls and the wife to the Pony Express Station location for the afternoon. My daughter got a signal with the Deus and told me it was trash and she was going to pass. I swung over it with the CTX and made her come back and dig it! 12-45 at 3-4". 1853 Seated Dime! Her very first coin she ever dug! I ended up digging a lot of interesting period slugs and relics.

20170218_135651.jpg
20170218_181633(0).jpg

Today after church I couldn't help it. I kept imagining another Seated out there waiting for me, so I went back out. I found a bunch more slugs, Minnie balls, and round balls, but I also found my first cannonball! 6 pound solid shot!

20170219_151646.jpg
20170219_195906.jpg

The guys on Facebook are probably tired of seeing my posts this week! lol

Upvote 13

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. That cannonball is awesome. Sounds like an epic day. Congrats

detectorben

Feb 19, 2017
Nebraska
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I just found my first barber half the other day. I drove through Onconto for the first time the other day while working and noticed the old school along the highway looks abandoned. Have you ever detected the school or other places there?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jagchaser

jagchaser

Apr 9, 2015
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030, XP Deus, Gold Bug 2, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I just found my first barber half the other day. I drove through Onconto for the first time the other day while working and noticed the old school along the highway looks abandoned. Have you ever detected the school or other places there?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

We stopped and detected the old football field south of the school when we were there. The other guy found a silver quarter there and I found an old brooch. The school itself is private property now so we didn't go there. That is the only day I have detected up there, its a little out of the way for me.

Driftwoood

Mar 31, 2016
Schoharie County, NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Cow! That 1853 dime is in wonderful condition! Congrats to your daughter! That cannon ball is outrageous!! A great few days!

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some fantastic finds. You should probably buy a lottery ticket

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AINT TIRED OF SEEING THEM , TIRED OF CRYING BECAUSE I CANT FIND EM...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread