2 of my best bottles & 2 of my rarest

jihunter

Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have any information or I am incorrect please feel free to let me know

1. Blue-Green "Clarke & Co." Mineral Water Bottle, "New York," c. 1850, cylindrical form with applied tapered collared mouth with ring, embossed lettering and iron pontil scar, (minor lip nick, scratches), ht. 9 3/8 in.
Estimate $300-500 SKINNER AUCTIONER & APPRAISERS

2. Deep Cobalt "AP Smith" Soda Water Charleston, SC, iron pontil

3. Ivory Tooth Brush, "London Extra Quality" circa 1820-1829 originally would have had horse hair bristles

4. Jules Hauel Beef Marrow Philadelphia 120 Chestnut St. Porcelain pot lid, "exceptionally rare" $300-$400 I really like this piece, apparently they are super rare and especially with no damage.

5. 12 sided, open pontil light green umbrella ink, super crude lines and shape

12 ink pontil.jpg AP light.jpg Clarke full.jpg clarke pontil.jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (11).jpg unnamed (13).jpg unnamed (17).jpg unnamed (18).jpg 12 ink.jpg

Upvote 12

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds . The lid is neat . The sodas are nice finds as well . It was good to see a bottle post where "my best " bottles were actually nice bottles and not a 1930 ketchup bottle:laughing7: As far as value I can't comment on the lid. As with anything rarity and condition greatly effect value . Since sodas have much more value to a local collector auction estimates can vary greatly. The cobalt soda would benefit from a good tumble while the value of the other soda is significantly effected by the lip damage. Actually I like the ink the best . In general aqua pontiled umbrella inks are very very common but yours being 12 sided makes it rarer . The fact that is a greenish tint is nice . Great finds .

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clearfield Republican. (Clearfield, Pa.), 19 Dec. 1860.
bm.jpg

Millheim Journal. volume (Millheim, Pa.), 24 Feb. 1881.
marro.jpg

The Somerset herald. (Somerset, Pa.), 17 May 1882.

rem.jpg
e.jpg
dy.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread