KMI.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,169
  • KMI3.jpg
    KMI3.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 1,152
Upvote 0
S

SASQUASH

Hay that is a nice botton & a nice pic. wish mine would come out that good. SASQUASH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent find Free!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
free2Dtect said:
Not an expert on this button, but being a cadet one, i do not believe for a minute that it is common.
Me either, check out the amount of guilt. Foxhound, that is definitely a NICE find.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Button, congrats ....................;jeff

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow..that one doesn't come out of the ground except for a freak of luck! Good Job. Do you have any research showing why that would be there?

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
archmjr said:
Wow..that one doesn't come out of the ground except for a freak of luck!? Good Job.? Do you have any research showing why that would be there?

I have no idea why it would be HERE of all places. Indiana for the most part was a free state. What really gets me is that I found a UNION Infantry button about 200 ft away. This button is Confederate. Both were found at old house foundations, and there was no Civil War action where I live. So, it seems that at one time there was a Yankee and a Rebel living next door to each other. I think that would have been something funny to see ;)

Here is a pic of the other Infantry button that I found about 200 ft away.

Attachments

• ibutton.jpg
    ibutton.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • ibutton.jpg
    ibutton.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,076
OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I guess that is a possibility. I have dated the site to be no later than the 1870s. So far I have found 3 coins there. An 1830 LC, 1859 "fatty" Indian Head, and a shield nickel from 1868 (I think). There is no sign of anything electrical there. I know that the house has been gone for at least 100 years, because there is no sign of a foundation, just a lot of glass and bricks sticking out of the ground. HH!

Fox

M

minelabex1000

Very excellent find and interesting potential story.

If I found a button like that I'd keep it for life. It is a once-in-a-lifetime find for Indiana.

And thank goodness you didn't clean it.

Good show all the way? :)

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Foxhound--Where abouts in Indiana are you? We did have some extensive Civil war activity in Southern Indiana...Morgan's raiders came through and criss crossed the state from west to east. A couple thousand men
several encampments were documented.

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
alwayslookin said:
Foxhound--Where abouts in Indiana are you?? We did have some extensive Civil war activity in Southern Indiana...Morgan's raiders came through and criss crossed the state from west to east. A couple thousand men
several encampments were documented.

I am in the Jeffersonville/Utica/Clarksville/New Albany area. Where did Morgan's Raid come through? HH!

Fox

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FoxHound,

That site needs to be worked hard. No bad for hitting it that one time. What is the iron situation there like? I ask because I found a really hot site once and ended up digging and screening out a cellar hole once. The site was in the woods and I was allowed to be out there. I got over 30 civilian flat buttons to name a few of the items. I will probably post em at some point.

Good Luck!

Archmjr

nedigger

Sep 30, 2004
Omaha, NE
Great finds in a great area! Can't wait to get back to the Southern Indiana and Louisville, Ky area to visit family and do a little detecting. Just don't know when that will be. Good luck and HH.

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
archmjr,

Unfortunately, I will no longer be able to hunt that site. A house was being built there, thats how I found it. The sod is already on the ground although there is about a ten foot area next to the house where the dirt is still visible. I might go up there and try my luck at that spot one last time...

nedigger,

It was a pretty good area. It is part of the old Utica, Indiana which was founded in the 1790s and was settled earlier than that. Let me know when you might be in town and maybe we could do some huntin. Send me a PM or something to let me know, thanks!

HH!

Fox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread