Gold Ring Returned to Family After 60 Years.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. This is a story about some little girls playing with their daddies gold ring and loosing it. The gal that lost it is a neighbor of mine and shared the story when she spotted me hunting the sight where she believed her and her sister lost it. I invited a friend of mine to hunt this sight and sure enough he found it. I shared the story with him and upon examining the ring it had the owner's initials clearly engraved on the ring. We discussed the possible return of the ring and met with the gal who lost it with her sister. My buddy had slight reservations about handing over the gold but, being a straight up decent guy he knew it was the right thing to do. He did take it home for proper cleaning and some pictures he used for a local Treasure periodical which published the story.

This is the area of treasure hunting most folks never consider once setting out to recover the goodies. It was a truly rewarding experience and I have also had the pleasure of returning a few lost items to the family or original owner of the artifact. It's great publicity for our community and does your own soul some good as well. Enjoy. Kurios1

032.JPG 031.JPG 027.JPG 028.JPG

Upvote 17

tlane38003

Jan 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think that I is awesome great job

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a most excellent ring return, your buddy did the right thing.

Digger 45

Tenderfoot
Mar 2, 2014
Fresno Calif
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X, Ace 250, Fisher F5, Tesoro Sand Shark, Tesoro Outlaw, Minelab X-Terra 705.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have returned a few and the experience is more fulfilling than the worth of any gold ring

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have returned a few and the experience is more fulfilling than the worth of any gold ring

Indeed it is. I had the privilege of returning a set of military dog tags to a veteran of the Korean War early on in my hunting. We sat down in his kitchen and had a few adult beverages as he told me his war stories even though he was stateside and never made it to Korea. I'll never forget that and it was indeed my honor to meet this man. Quite a humbling experience actually and made me appreciate our veterans even more.

dansalata

May 16, 2011
porterville calif...
Detector(s) used
fisher 1212x,whites mxt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great job..i recently returned some ww1 letters to the great grandkids..it was a awesome thing

White Wolf

Sep 8, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
X-TERRA 705, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing story!!!! What a sweet return after 60 years!!!! Awesome!!! Good Job!!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the uplifting story.

Best of luck to you sir.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing story!!!! What a sweet return after 60 years!!!! Awesome!!! Good Job!!!

Agreed. When my buddy came over and showed me what he found I nearly dropped to my knees. What are the chances of recovering something based on a 60 something year old story? Well, it can happen. Great experience and the memories are more valuable than the find.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the uplifting story.

Best of luck to you sir.

Thanks Tom. I believe in principals. You reap what you sow. Always good to perform acts of kindness and do good for others. It has a way of returning to the sender.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys made my day.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys made my day.

When I first got into metal detecting it was solely to find silver coins for my treasure chest. Little did I know that I'd run into opportunities to return lost artifacts to either the original owner or their kin. What a long strange trip it's been.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma will bring you 10 gold rings for that! Nice Work

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Karma will bring you 10 gold rings for that! Nice Work

Well, maybe my buddy who found the ring will receive the "karma". I've got one gold ring since that day so I've got my work cut out for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread