My Pipes from the Mexican Border

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since the Mexican coins I found the other day seem to be popular, I thought I'd share these with you all. All found in the desert in Southern Arizona, in the border country, and at least one of which came from illegal aliens coming across. The glass one I found on the southern side of the Huachuca Mountains, near Fort Huachuca, which is right up along thoe border. I just happened to stop while heading up this dirt road, and in this pile of rocks next to the road was this pipe. It was originally in a little pouch made of tape, but I tossed that. The blue one I also found on the side of the road, at the Pima County/Santa Cruz County line (a little to the north of where I found the glass one), when we stopped to trade places with the driver. I opened the door of the truck and hopped out and there it was. Somebody must have thrown it out of their window while driving down the highway. The chrome one came from the ruins of this old adobe house in Amado, AZ, that was filled with stuff left behind by illegal aliens. The little cigarette shaped on I found just north of Nogales, AZ, along whats left of the Santa Cruz River (an area where lots of illegals pass through). Ive found many other glass pipes and stuff, but they were all broken. These ones were whole, so they came home with me.
IMG_0348.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 2
OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three of them look used. The chrome must be new.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One day these will become the artifacts like the clay pipes people find.
Thanks for the pics.

XtreasureX

Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mexicans roll joints. White guys use pipes. Not that I know anything about that.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Nogales. Man I remember going down there and getting "lit" up back in the day. All look like fresh drops. Any residue left in them?:occasion18: I have recovered a handful of brass pipes and while I want to keep them I end up throwing them away as I have gotten in trouble for participating in such activities back in my younger days. Pretty soon it will probably be legal everywhere and we'll be finding all kinds of paraphernalia lying around. Going to lay down in my AC and pop in Up in Smoke.

OP
OP
Old Pueblo

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Nogales. Man I remember going down there and getting "lit" up back in the day. All look like fresh drops. Any residue left in them?:occasion18: I have recovered a handful of brass pipes and while I want to keep them I end up throwing them away as I have gotten in trouble for participating in such activities back in my younger days. Pretty soon it will probably be legal everywhere and we'll be finding all kinds of paraphernalia lying around. Going to lay down in my AC and pop in Up in Smoke.

Sorry for the late response, but yes, a couple of them were probably used, but all had been laying in the desert for a while before I found them (I cleaned the dirt off). My guess is for pot, but who knows. I keep them because they are like artifacts to me, pot prohibition artifacts. Kind of funny when you think about it. I keep them in a safe spot so nobody finds them.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How much for the red/black glass one?

gallery_5862_209_12676_zps2vtzebz7.jpeg~original

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BOY OLE MARION BARRY OF DC HAD A FEW OF THOSE SMOKERS TOO.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread