Liquor store find...

SpencerK

Jan 5, 2017
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go-Find 60, Bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A homeless guy in front of me in line at the shady liquor store near my apartment paid for a single soda with 5 mercury dimes, one 1964 silver Kennedy half dollar, and one 1964 silver washington.......

Just for a coke...

All I saw at the time was a bunch of really old change so I asked the cashier to give me 10 dimes, that 50c piece and 2 quarters. I got all the change the homeless guy paid with. I grabbed my stuff and tried to hey out there and give the homeless guy a $20 but he was nowhere to be found. I was going to ask to buy his other old coins from him and give him a lesson about dates and characteristics of silver coins in case He didn't actually know what he had.

Oh well. I got some nice silver coins out of it.

20170629_160941_HDR~2.jpg 20170629_161143_HDR~2.jpg

My first ever silver quarter and my first ever mercury dimes. And they came from a homeless person at a liquor store.... This is my second time this month getting silver coins at a store....

I feel like I should spend less time metal detecting and more time going to small stores and whatnot. Totally ridiculous that I have found more coins by accident than I have specifically looking for them.

Upvote 15

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread