Great Story / video re: wedding ring find-

treasurepilot

Aug 9, 2006
Please check out the Facebook link for the story of a wedding ring find.

https://www.facebook.com/Robunderthegundorado/posts/10214343711773321

for people without Facebook like me.

Pull up a chair. You're not going to believe this story...
My beautiful family and I are wrapping up a week at a beach house rental in Newport Beach...
We had an amazing 4th of July with family and friends.
This evening, Kevin and I were catching some awesome last minute waves on the boogie boards.. Our last day at the beach. It was a perfect day and we were having so much fun.
Until something terrible happened.
At the end of a ride, I felt my wedding band slide off my finger and get lost in the surf.
I panicked. We searched in vain.
It was gone.
The ocean had taken it from me. I am an idiot. I had no business wearing it in the water. But it was gone. So stupid.
I had to do something...
Not knowing what else to do, I called a friend from work who I know is an avid metal detectorist. Lucky for me, Adam was home, and willing to come out and try to help.
He searched for about 30 minutes. The rising tide, rough swell and nearly full moon, all conspired to make for very very difficult conditions.
It was getting dark. All hope seemed lost.
Then, all of a sudden, Adam plucked my ring out from the sea. It was buried in the rough surf, under water, about 10" inches deep in the sand.
It was a needle in a haystack times 100... I don't know how he did it...
Believe me when I tell you how precious that little chunk of gold is to me.
My mind is beyond blown.
Adam literally saved not only the day, he saved the whole vacation.
I can't express in words how grateful I am, and how lucky I am to have friends like Adam, who are willing to drop what they're doing and come help a friend in need.
I'll never make that bone head mistake again, and I'll never forget this special day.
My ring is a precious symbol, and something that reminds me of a lot of things. It keeps me centered. Helps me feel Grounded. Optimistic. Hopeful. Focused. Loved.
I wear it every day.
Each scratch and blemish in its metal tells a story. A story and a journey that's far from over.
And I'm so happy that I have it back. Back from the ocean that took it from me.
All I can say is "wow". Amazing. Just. Wow.
So, so grateful. Humbled.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions