New here - my new finds

Janacarole

Aug 1, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently moved to family land in the Texas panhandle. I've been walking the property picking up metal and glass and started finding buttons. Back in the day, my grandma did laundry and would drain the ringer/washer out behind the wash house. I have found some interest stuff on the surface (pictured below). The land has been in the family for at least 100 years and mom remembers shards of glass laying around when she was a little girl. I have picked up cobalt blue, lilac, amber, red, frosted, and clear glass shards.

I have cleaned the buttons up and one was used on a navy uniform during and post civil war. The one with the locomotive I think came off a pair of overalls along with the big smith button.

I can't find any information on the old gate latch.

Thoughts and any information would be appreciated.

I have brought out my metal detector the last couple of days but there are so many old nails that it sounds off at every swipe. There used to be a wash house, chicken yard, cement minnow pond, storage shed, and dog kennel on the property.

Attachments

• IMG_1142.JPG
    IMG_1142.JPG
    523.2 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1165.JPG
    969.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1180.JPG
    IMG_1180.JPG
    526.7 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_1129.JPG
    IMG_1129.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1184.JPG
    IMG_1184.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 210
Upvote 16

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from CT. I like those buttons. Very nice!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you found that with your eyes it's hard telling what lies beneath the surface? I hope you can manage to clean the old farm up with your tector and get a new batch of goodies for us to see. Nice old relics.:headbang:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I have granny's wash house down at the creek. The only silver I've ever found on my property was at the wash house along where granny's clothesline was.

OP
OP
J

Janacarole

Aug 1, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all. I've found a few more buttons but this is my most recent find. We've had a lot of rain lately and I saw the rim of a mason jar sticking out and started digging it out. Well, it was just a broken rim and no intact jar BUT this glass knob was about an inch under the ground under the rim. IMG_1283.JPG IMG_1282.JPG

old_chase

Aug 21, 2017
Sumner, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the serpent nail looking thing??
That's really cool!

We have a great kid pond on the property we find Chippewa relics (arrow heads and such) but nothing metal (yet) like your stuff. Very neat!!

OP
OP
J

Janacarole

Aug 1, 2017
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's either a gate latch or oven door latch. I can't find any info on it.

Thank you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread