Silver Member
Jul 6, 2017
Northwest Arkansas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on this find! Buttons are always good, and especially rare ones! :occasion14:

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! I noticed in your other post the "work" buttons...the locomotive button and the "Jaynell" buttons are classic 1900-1930 work buttons, they are riveted and never meant to come off of a garment. The fact that you found two "Jaynell" buttons along with a ton of nails suggests you are in the area of a burned building. I highly suggest you work around where the buttons are coming from, removing all the nails as you go. Get a pinpointer to help clear the nails. The multiple buttons from one brand means a article of clothing once existed there and all of the contents in the pockets. (If any) Also look for early plastic combs or pipe smoking materials, glass shirt buttons. Take your time and enjoy.

"Jaynell" work wear as found in the 1922 "Garment Worker" publication

The Johnston-Larimer Dry Goods Company, Manufacturers of the well knwown "Sensible" and "Jaynell" brands of work clothing.
Wichita, Kansas 1922

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few from that time period I found in a burned logging camp image.jpg

All of these buttons were riveted or studded and never meant to be removed from the clothing... image.jpg

Buttons that don't have the "donut" hole could be from Coats and could also be a "snap" type button.
Buttons with the riveted donut hole are usually work pant buttons that often held suspenders in place. image.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread