My best finds off Land so far

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Minelabs,Red Heats, XP's, Fisher, Whites, others.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least i would put them on here but i dont know how to put pictures on .
If someone could let me know then i will put them on here when i have taken new pictures of them .
They include a 150 +- bc Roman Republican Denarii , a Lucias Veros Roman Denarii (bit like a Mark Anthony but later) , A Cantii Tribe Gold Quarter Stater 40 bc (one of 8 known) , A Celtic Silver Unit , a Celtic Bronze Unit , a Henry 111 Shortcross Silver Penny , A Scottish Alexander 111 Silver Penny , A Henry VI Silver Groat , 4 cut Quarter Silver Pennies , A cut Half Steven Penny , And quite a few other Hammered coins , a few Bronze Roman , many Lead Farm Tokens plus a decent Copper Farm Token , and some other bits and pieces .

I also have a mates finds to show . He passed away in January 2011 of a Brain Tumour and left me his land finds .
They include a very nice Roman Republican Denarii but much much much better than mine , a Henry VI Groat (Calais Mint) , a Dont know what it is Figurine , A Gold Posy ring , many Silver Thimbles , a few other Hammered's and bits and pieces .

But i dont know if i can put pictures on here straight off my computer pictures or have to have Photo Bucket which i dont have ?

Anyway i will when i figure it out .

Richard

Upvote 4

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Richard Welcome to Tnet !
To post an Image/picture....Where you posted this ....above there are icons the third one in from the right hand side...hold courser over it "Insert Image " ...click it.... it will ask from computer ...then choose the picture you want to download .
Gary

OP
OP
N

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard Welcome to Tnet !
To post an Image/picture....Where you posted this ....above there are icons the third one in from the right hand side...hold courser over it "Insert Image " ...click it.... it will ask from computer ...then choose the picture you want to download .
Gary

I'm lost . What does it say ?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says "insert image". It's on the toolbar just above where we type. Hover over it. Third item from the right, the square box which looks like an old time projector screen.

OP
OP
N

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found it . Now i will take a load of pictures and put them on here . I will have put certain things together actually , might be too may to take and the sun's going low in the sky . Damn i hate the cold wet dreary winter days .

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Richard,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
I look forward to seeing your pics;especially the Alex III Scottish coin. Interesting history surrounds Alexander III; he died riding his horse over a cliff during darkness at the age of 44. At the time, all his children were dead; his only heir was his grand-daughter, Margaret, known as the "Maid of Norway". She was the daughter of King Eric II of Norway. Her projected marriage to the future Edward II would supposedly achieve an union of England and Scotland. She sailed for Scotland in 1290, but unfortunately died in the Orkneys never having set foot in her kingdom. I don't believe any Scottish coins were ever issued in her name. Such is history.
Don........

OP
OP
N

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here they are , dont know if they will all fit on the post. MY FIRST COINS EVER FOUND VICTORIA SIXPENCE AND NEW 1p.JPG GEORGE V 1912 HALF SOVEREIGN IN MOUNT AND 1964 SOVEREIGN(BEACH FINDS).JPG WILLIAM & MARY TIN FARTHING.JPG CHARLES 1 ROSE FARTHING AND A COPPER TOKEN.JPG MY CELTIC COINS.JPG MY BEST ROMAN COINS.JPG MY CUT HALVES AND QUARTERS.JPG MY SILVER HAMMERED PENNIES SO FAR.JPG MY LONDON MINT HENRY VI GROAT.JPG
Well i hope they have come out .
I will put on my other bits later and when i can my mates he let me have when he passed away .

OP
OP
N

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here are the rest of my Land finds , not many really . I have taken a rest from land detecting for the last 5 years .
Half of the lead tokens are my mates , i mixed them up accidentally years ago after he passed away.
View attachment LEAD TOKENS.jpg View attachment MY U.S. COINS OFF THE BEACHES THIS YEAR.jpg MY OTHER GROTTY ROMAN COINS.JPG View attachment MY PLATINUM, GOLD OFF THE BEACHES SINCE 2013.jpg View attachment MY SILVER RINGS,CHAINS AND ..OFF THE BEACHES SINCE 2013.jpg MY MATES BEST FINDS,RING BROACH TOP LEFT,FIGURINE TOP RIGHT.JPG

All the rings are from about April 2013 .

My mate found many hundreds of Gold and Silver rings over the 25 years he detected. He mainly did beaches from the 80's .
The Posy ring in his picture was found decades ago , he could not remember where . Love to have known where he found the Roman Republican Denarii . Absolutely brilliant condition . The broach top left is medieval and the figurine top right he was given by a diver . I have no details of what it is or where found .

I will take pictures of my best coins again of both sides when i can . Its now dark and i get shadows all over the place.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds, and welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
N

Nuke em

Greenie
Nov 25, 2017
SE England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard,
Welcome to Treasure Net !!
I look forward to seeing your pics;especially the Alex III Scottish coin. Interesting history surrounds Alexander III; he died riding his horse over a cliff during darkness at the age of 44. At the time, all his children were dead; his only heir was his grand-daughter, Margaret, known as the "Maid of Norway". She was the daughter of King Eric II of Norway. Her projected marriage to the future Edward II would supposedly achieve an union of England and Scotland. She sailed for Scotland in 1290, but unfortunately died in the Orkneys never having set foot in her kingdom. I don't believe any Scottish coins were ever issued in her name. Such is history.
Don........

Heres a special for you then . Its an Alexander 111 2nd mint from the late 1200's
I found it in a field in the English Midlands and it came out exactly as you see it . No cleaning required .
I think its my best hammered .Though i do like the Henry 111 shortcross better i think.
Its amazing they lasted so well being in the ground and being ploughed up year after year.
View attachment IMG_0662.jpg View attachment IMG_0663.jpg ALL MY BEST COINS SO FAR.JPG

Most of the coins were found with either the Explorer 11 or my SE that i had at the time . The Quarter Stater was with an E.Trac and the only coin there i found with the Deus was the Tin Farthing of William and Mary 1692.
I found my Rupublican Denarii , the one top line center left (Broken looking) with a Red Heat XD 17 . What a machine .

You can see that machine being tested or is it the XD17 micro ? on You Tube by the man who made them . Vik Fiveash .
He died in November 2007 after a battle with Pancreatic Cancer . He was a genius , made all the parts and mouldings in his House in Peckham London . Wish i kept my XD17 , for £550 it match the ET for depth on a 10 in coil .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread