🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in Florida waters - Its real
I took to a couple of reputable watch dealers and they said it is genuine
though working fine - they recommend I put a little money into it and get it overhauled and if I wanted to get
the most out of it - the band and around the crystal could use a good buffing to get some of the fine scratches out
It is a Cartier Roadster and if cleaned up - they can bring close to $5000 in used condition. As is
still worth a few $$$

Upvote 9

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice watches are always welcome. I haven't found a Cartier yet, but, I do have 2 Rolexes! Both SubMariners. :icon_thumleft:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, good to hear it is real, just makes the find all that much better. I like watches and that is a good looking watch. Someone somewhere is being real careful with the replacement to that since those are not the $10.00 toss and replace model. Enjoy it!

OP
OP
CASPER-2

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, good to hear it is real, just makes the find all that much better. I like watches and that is a good looking watch. Someone somewhere is being real careful with the replacement to that since those are not the $10.00 toss and replace model. Enjoy it!
would hope anyone that has money to buy any expensive watch would insure it

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would hope anyone that has money to buy any expensive watch would insure it

I go with the plan to not lose it. :)

By full overhaul it sounds like they are talking about sending it in for a full service which I'm sure would be $500+ min.. If it runs well, not being off too many seconds a week, I don't see why you couldn't just have the case polished and sell it as is. Just do it somewhere that sells Cartier so you can also get an appraisal or certificate/letter/note etc.. of authenticity.

That's a pretty incredible find considering what they cost new.

powrsurg

Jul 5, 2016
Rocky Point, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Whites Spectra V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I collect Watches so I would know. Have this sent back to Cartier for an overhaul. You'll spend about $1400 but you will get back the same watch in almost perfect condition.

in Florida waters - Its real
I took to a couple of reputable watch dealers and they said it is genuine
though working fine - they recommend I put a little money into it and get it overhauled and if I wanted to get
the most out of it - the band and around the crystal could use a good buffing to get some of the fine scratches out
It is a Cartier Roadster and if cleaned up - they can bring close to $5000 in used condition. As is
still worth a few $$$

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions