MY FIRST GOLD COIN

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is my first Gold coin. I couldn't believe it. I have heard about people finding them right on top of the sand. I did. a very nice specimen. The Cut in it is just the plastic coating but it is prime. i have also posted the other coin that i found with it. I did not post all the 1000+ pull tabs I found. This made my day. I don't know what the price is for one of these. The pendant is 18K that holds the coin. I wish I could find the necklace that went with it. Please enjoy. I have the back on my profile.

Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find!

hh

lonewolfe

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Kevin, Congrats.

A

Aguila

;D Sure would have liked to see you do the dance when you found it. That would have been hilarious!!! Congratulations....VERY nice find.

tedpank

Jun 16, 2006
Vero Beach, Florida
I was stationed at Torri Station in Okinawa! Must be a lot of great places to hunt!
Any restrictions for hunting out there?
Moon Beach was the hot spot when I was there!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Wow!!! Great fine I have a silver one year of the horse.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Nice!

Since you are the Pacific, it may have actually come from the island of Tuvalu!

Mike

digman

Jul 12, 2006
Detector(s) used
L-Rods & MineLab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kevin, I always remember two things when searching, that is my first find and the second one is my first gold coin.
These are increadible.
I wish you good luck.
Digman.

P

Pirates Keep

Excellent find!!! You found on top of the sand?! Good job!
Congratz!

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All, I just was reminiscing some on the old Okinawa times. Now in the high desert and there is not any water around till it rains. I still have the coin and like many of you have said before I will always remember the time I found it. Now I just hope to find one here in gold country. I would go with finding a gold nugget if it comes my way.

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ju8vP3T, I did go to BC streeet and allot has changed over the years. It has been changed to the better. There are still a few clubs there but they are being forced to find another way. Also whisper alley. You must know where that is too including a wild place right out front of whisper alley.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread