MY FIRST GOLD COIN

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here it is my first Gold coin. I couldn't believe it. I have heard about people finding them right on top of the sand. I did. a very nice specimen. The Cut in it is just the plastic coating but it is prime. i have also posted the other coin that i found with it. I did not post all the 1000+ pull tabs I found. This made my day. I don't know what the price is for one of these. The pendant is 18K that holds the coin. I wish I could find the necklace that went with it. Please enjoy. I have the back on my profile.

Upvote 0

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
WOW! What a great find...
How did you ever write the post?, I would still be jumping up & down... ;D
It's going to be hard to top that one...

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Equinox 800/Mine Lab Gold Monster 1000/ Mine Lab Pro Find 35/Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the beach it came from. Right in the water about 2 foot. Sweet.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
That beach looks to be a treasure in itself...
Whats the deal with the pole up on the rocks? ,,, camera?...

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering what that caption means. I have looked and seen hot topic and so on. What does the little caption block mean? Thanks

OP
OP
The Master Chief

The Master Chief

Jan 10, 2005
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Garrett Sea Hunter II. Purchased through KellyCo. I was hunting a beach in Okinawa, Tiger Beach. Had discrepancy set at 5. It was low Tide. I was scanning around when my detector hit a strong signal. I looked down and saw what looked to be Gold. Could not believe it. All I had to do is reach down in about 2 foot of water. I have heard about people finding them laying right on top but couldn't believe it when i picked it up. Made my day. I have included some other pics. Everytime I have gone out I find rings here in Okinawa.

J

J@J salvors

That looks Like My Back Yard
Really
Good Finds
Does the coin say 30$ or 50$
Joe

M

Maverick

It says $30 It is likely that it is worth a good deal more now. If my rough guess pans out, in seeing that gold is around $800 an ounce right now, and that swell coin is 1/5th of an ounce, that should be a $160 value that you just plucked out of the water and thats just the gold's value in weight not to mention the mint/collector's value of the coin! ( I could be wrong, please correct me if I am) Great find, I am envious, I dont even have as much as a pulltab seeing that I dont own a detector yet. :(

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
What are you doing on the internet? Go back and look for more!!!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Post some pictures of your rings.
We would all like to see them.

You are fortunate that this coin has the plastic coating
and that you found it before any damage happened.

Welcome to the gold coin club treasure hunter!!

Smiles!
BDoo

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome to Okinawa, Get back with me and I could tell you a lot! Been detecting here for over 20 years!
Nice pendent!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread