Western & Eastern Treasures Find of the Year!

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was honored, and humbled, to have my Massachusetts Pine Tree Shilling selected as one of the Finds of the Year for 2017 by Western and Eastern Treasures. This is my first find, ever, selected for this honor. I am also overjoyed in the fact that my coin made the cover for the April 2018 issue. It doesn't get any better. Western and Eastern Treasures is, and has always been, my favorite detecting magazine.

wet 2 cover.jpg wet pine tree shilling 2.jpg

Upvote 27

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like it’s $1 bet time. Which one of us graces the Best Finds cover? I need a little extra motivation. Only ever submitted one thing. That was to American Digger. Forgot all about it until Bill asked me if that was my coin beside his. Of course my coin gets put next to a Lord B lol. Good old Bill one upping me as usual.
View attachment 1566870
I did this article in W&E as well. Kind of cool to have an experience like that in print. I enjoy writing so that makes it a lot easier. Good luck IP! Should be a fun season. One if these years we will go crazy and raise the stakes to $2 lol
View attachment 1566871

Deal! It's on... find on the cover of Western Eastern... $1 bet!

I've never submitted anything but think I would have had a real good chance with some past finds, specifically ones I made my first few years detecting. Will be interesting come freeze up late 2018 to see the best we each have to submit... we both might look like rockstars making this bet and digging a killer find and both making it.... or laugh at how pathetic our best is and no amount of lipstick with get it anywhere close to publishing. I can tell you one thing... I am damn fired up for 2018! Now whether that motivation will turn into the reality of lots of hunting and great finds only time will tell, but right now things are good so lookout! :headbang:

OP
OP
Donnie B from VA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sounds like it’s $1 bet time. Which one of us graces the Best Finds cover? I need a little extra motivation. Only ever submitted one thing. That was to American Digger. Forgot all about it until Bill asked me if that was my coin beside his. Of course my coin gets put next to a Lord B lol. Good old Bill one upping me as usual.
View attachment 1566870
I did this article in W&E as well. Kind of cool to have an experience like that in print. I enjoy writing so that makes it a lot easier. Good luck IP! Should be a fun season. One if these years we will go crazy and raise the stakes to $2 lol
View attachment 1566871

Abe,

I have to read the rest of the story! Great writing, Sir! Well done! Please email me the rest of the article.

OP
OP
Donnie B from VA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just checked my online subscription and I don't get the Silver and Gold issue online! Drats!

Last edited:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Western & Eastern Treasures Find of the Year!

Deal! It's on... find on the cover of Western Eastern... $1 bet!

I've never submitted anything but think I would have had a real good chance with some past finds, specifically ones I made my first few years detecting. Will be interesting come freeze up late 2018 to see the best we each have to submit... we both might look like rockstars making this bet and digging a killer find and both making it.... or laugh at how pathetic our best is and no amount of lipstick with get it anywhere close to publishing. I can tell you one thing... I am damn fired up for 2018! Now whether that motivation will turn into the reality of lots of hunting and great finds only time will tell, but right now things are good so lookout! :headbang:

Perfect! A little added motivation for me to find that stunner of a find. Gonna be a lot of holes dug this season my friend. Here’s to hoping one of those holes under one of our coils contains something spectacular

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats that's a true Museum piece for sure

Top Member Reactions