Western & Eastern Treasures Find of the Year!

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was honored, and humbled, to have my Massachusetts Pine Tree Shilling selected as one of the Finds of the Year for 2017 by Western and Eastern Treasures. This is my first find, ever, selected for this honor. I am also overjoyed in the fact that my coin made the cover for the April 2018 issue. It doesn't get any better. Western and Eastern Treasures is, and has always been, my favorite detecting magazine.

wet 2 cover.jpg wet pine tree shilling 2.jpg

Upvote 27

can_slaw

Nov 10, 2017
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
ACE 400, ACE 300, TESORO COMPADRE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations! It must be quite a unique feeling for sure!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Can you autograph my copy:notworthy:

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big Congratulations! :notworthy:

OP
OP
Donnie B from VA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome!!! Can you autograph my copy:notworthy:

LOL! If you send it to me there's no guarantee you will get it back! I already have three copies but I could use a few more!

basssmann

Feb 9, 2013
YOUNGSVILLE, N.Y...... moved to Jacksonville, Flor
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
VIPER TRIDENT , Fisher F75 and just added a CTX 3030 Minelab and Minelab Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrat's..... that's an amazing find..... I'm detecting 29 years and love Western and Eastern Treasure magazine.... I was luck enough to get my 5 half dollars in 1 hole in the magazine in Feb. 2018... You should be soooo proud.... Good Luck, I would go back to where you found that coin and dig every thing that's beeps....

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Donnie. Well deserving indeed. I once wrote an article in a W&E and it was a great experience. I once was contacted by BillD who asked me if that was my coin on the cover of American Digger next to his Lord Baltimore. I had totally forgotten the fact that I submitted it. Always a nice surprise. I truly hope you have another to submit soon

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's fantastic. Congratulations! :award_star_gold_1:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I saw that in there. And you deserve every bit of all the atteboys it generated. Real eye-candy for the rest of us md'rs ! Oh, and .... I realize since you're from the east coast, that that was just as easy as waltzing down to your nearest sandbox without the slightest effort or research. Right ? haha (just kidding, congratz dude! )

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw that in there. And you deserve every bit of all the atteboys it generated. Real eye-candy for the rest of us md'rs ! Oh, and .... I realize since you're from the east coast, that that was just as easy as waltzing down to your nearest sandbox without the slightest effort or research. Right ? haha (just kidding, congratz dude! )

Similar to how you boys in the West just walk out to your lawn and yank out a couple gold coins lol. It’s super easy man

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was honored, and humbled, to have my Massachusetts Pine Tree Shilling selected as one of the Finds of the Year for 2017 by Western and Eastern Treasures. This is my first find, ever, selected for this honor. I am also overjoyed in the fact that my coin made the cover for the April 2018 issue. It doesn't get any better. Western and Eastern Treasures is, and has always been, my favorite detecting magazine.

View attachment 1564166 View attachment 1564167

I just bought a year subscription based on this!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider that as the first shot fired... I want in for 2018! :occasion14: Not sure what I'd need to find to get on there, but I'll be hunting hard for it! :headbang:

OP
OP
Donnie B from VA

Donnie B from VA

Apr 2, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II / XP Deus I
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I consider that as the first shot fired... I want in for 2018! :occasion14: Not sure what I'd need to find to get on there, but I'll be hunting hard for it! :headbang:

We had been hunting hard until the last two Nor'Easter's. Hopefully, we can hit it hard again in another week or two. I have made a few really good finds this year but nothing earth shattering.................yet!

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making the magazine !

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sounds like it’s $1 bet time. Which one of us graces the Best Finds cover? I need a little extra motivation. Only ever submitted one thing. That was to American Digger. Forgot all about it until Bill asked me if that was my coin beside his. Of course my coin gets put next to a Lord B lol. Good old Bill one upping me as usual.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521540783.617853.jpg
I did this article in W&E as well. Kind of cool to have an experience like that in print. I enjoy writing so that makes it a lot easier. Good luck IP! Should be a fun season. One if these years we will go crazy and raise the stakes to $2 lol
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1521540833.096697.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread