MBSulli2003

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2018
Greenville, SC
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was stationed in Germany and a buddy and I went searching the woods a few towns over from our base. We found a set of woods near a small stream and started searching. I found a few old buttons and then started finding some trash from what appeared to be a recent campsite. I hit a really good signal and dig what I initially thought to be a large bottle cap or small jar lid until I wiped away the dirt and saw the date of 1619 on a coin! This was my first silver coin ever. I went to find my friend to show him and bring him back to the site. He was floored and we not 1 minute into searching again I hit another signal in the mid50s range. Out popped another first: a gold coin! I was in shock. We started hitting more signals and before you know it, we pulled 18 gold and 10 silver coins ranging in dates from the 1400s to early 1600s. Only 2 coins were alike; all others were from different denominations. Best we could figure out that this was a spill from the 30 Years War. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523203134.067225.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1523203169.243109.jpg

Upvote 52
OP
OP
M

MBSulli2003

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2018
Greenville, SC
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation .
That what i need to see.

OP
OP
M

MBSulli2003

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2018
Greenville, SC
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold coins alone are minimum of $1000, but most are more. So roughly between $20-30,000 for the lot.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
OP said he was Stationed in Germany, this means he was there on Order from the Department of Defense; that said if the OP would have actually found something in accordance with Host Nation Cultural Property Laws he would have had to gone to JAG and requested the proper form needed to export said items, but only after the Host Nation proved its cultural significance.

Germany is not in the habit of wasting money in areas that would bring them no gain what so ever. Since he would fall under SOFA, if this actually had fallen under the law then you can bet the DOD would have made sure the troop would have gotten his reward out of it.

in this case it is a Fail Fail for Germany; but lets say later it comes up, which it would not, but if it does, he can always get docs from JAG on the matter.

In regards to signs in Germany that state no Metal Detecting, never once heard of any and I MDed Germany for 17 years. MD laws are very clear cut and dry in Germany; again Germany does like its money so local authorities would rather just catch you in the act rather than prevent an issue from taking place. That said there is also not been enough crimes with MDs in Germany to even justify spending money on such signs.

The OP was well within his Host Nation and Military Rights in hunting near a Bach on open land.

Nice find man, post as many pics as you like, you have done nothing illegal or wrong and should be very proud of your find.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please end the arguing and end the insults too.Thread is not about the laws of various countries

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread