All Of My Strange Finds From A Mysterious Location!

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've recently been hunting a place were I've found numerus of strange finds like a bronze statue, bronze seashell and other finds that you wouldn't expect on a field. So I made a video where I try to summarize all of my best finds from there and explain other thing about this strange location and about the finds. I recommend watching it cause I found some really great finds there that I probably won't find similar of this year.

Thank you for watching and happy hunting!

Upvote 6

Lioncollectibles

May 2, 2018
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400i Big Nell
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seashell may possibly be a "aes formatum conchiglia"

Last week I've found one but it's heavy and from the foto you have I can´t understand if it's solid.

I was one of the first types of money in ancient roman times and they had heavy seashells and acorns for comercial exchange.

And if it's a Aes it's really hard to find outside Italy.

Nice finds!

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That seashell may possibly be a "aes formatum conchiglia"

Last week I've found one but it's heavy and from the foto you have I can´t understand if it's solid.

I was one of the first types of money in ancient roman times and they had heavy seashells and acorns for comercial exchange.

And if it's a Aes it's really hard to find outside Italy.

Nice finds!

I wouldn't believe that it is Aes because it's not solid and I wouldn't believe that the field could be that old.

Brons 3 (1).JPG Brons 3 (2).JPG

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the nice finds! :occasion14:

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bronze shell could a pilgrims badge from Santiago de Compostela. That may be a sgnificant find, esp. since it should be early since sweden is now protestant. If the place is near an old road it could be rest place or tavern. Some places have a intersiting history that one may not know on the first look.

I know a guy who told me he found "a stinking swampy area near a river" that started to throw buttons and 18th - 19th century coins by the dozend. He wondered and only years after he cleared the site, a remark in the publication brought him a clue: This was the washerwomens place including the "bleach", yup you paid a washerwomen for your laundry and she would take it to the river. I wonder how they got it clean with cold water. About 1910, they build a dam downstream and the area swamped.

Greets Namxat

OP
OP
Vldetecting

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bronze shell could a pilgrims badge from Santiago de Compostela. That may be a sgnificant find, esp. since it should be early since sweden is now protestant. If the place is near an old road it could be rest place or tavern. Some places have a intersiting history that one may not know on the first look.

I know a guy who told me he found "a stinking swampy area near a river" that started to throw buttons and 18th - 19th century coins by the dozend. He wondered and only years after he cleared the site, a remark in the publication brought him a clue: This was the washerwomens place including the "bleach", yup you paid a washerwomen for your laundry and she would take it to the river. I wonder how they got it clean with cold water. About 1910, they build a dam downstream and the area swamped.

Greets Namxat

Wow, thank you so much for the information! The area is very unknown and not that old but I can tell you that there was a very old legend of a treasure being buried here, and our county's archaeology team looked into the legend and decided that it was probably not true but who knows...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread