My greatest find of all time...Found in 2012

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This was by far my greatest artifact find of all time. I found it in a large cornfield, in Bethlehem Township, Pa. About 4-500 yards in from Lehigh River. About 2-3 months prior I found my first Large Cent (1826) in the same field but opposite corner. That's what got me excited about the high squeal my Minelab Explorer SE PRO yelled out at me. So I began digging and was 10+ inches down when my pinpointer start getting excited and about 3-4 more inches I saw the patina color and slowly dug it out and without knowing anything about what I had I thought it was a piece of farm equipment and almost threw it in disappointment. But I quickly thought, "tractors I know of aren't made from copper or a copper alloy. So I put it in my bag and when I got home did a lot of googling...Then I realized wow I got pretty lucky out of the entire field my measly 11" DD COIL swept over and sniffed out out a 1lb native copper celt/adze that was very old and unique. I brought it to the Senior Curator at a Museum in Harrisburg Pa and they were thrilled to see what I had they took pictures and I let them know approximately where it was found. They said if I wanted to EVER DONATE it they would be glad to accept and put all my family name and kids name next to it explaining how it was found! What a lucky signal!!!! 097224A0-DAA1-4971-9663-C18FE4146AF1.jpeg 097224A0-DAA1-4971-9663-C18FE4146AF1.jpeg

Upvote 18

Vldetecting

Jun 23, 2017
Sweden
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro-Pointer, Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure is a awesome find!

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey I also have a Garrett AT PRO for the kids or whoever wants to swing with me. I dont get the tones, it's the same tone oblver a penny as a quarter or silver??? I like variation so I can know if I want to pull it to the surface...Any tips???

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way thanks for the comment, it's incredible I found d it with an 11" coil in such a vast cornfield

RelicHunterPro

May 13, 2018
Worcester Massachuttes
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro Garrett at max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DDLoop if a signal sounds like a hard hit dig it don't miss any loud signals a lesson I learned a long time ago when I went back to a field and missed a gold Jesus cross at first i missed it because it was a loud pulltab signal i went back the next day thats when I realized I screwed up

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I go about 70% tone and then 30% reference the number given...I always wonder if the tone can sound lower the deeper it is. And have a lower reading on my Equinox 600. I was just out today and had it on the 15kHz and I was banging everything!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fantastic find, congratulations! :occasion14:

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, this thing is a what now?

OP
OP
D

DDLoopscreamer81

Apr 23, 2018
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ancient Native American Copper Tool made from Native Copper it was used to smooth canoes, animal hides, etc. Dr. Kurt Carr of Pa Museuem in Harrisburg, Pa, was to my thrill and excitement, very happy I brought it to the museum for him and several of his colleagues to see. They took several pictures for their records and gave me a tour of the entire Native American collection they had at the museum. He told me I found something very unique and important part of the Copper Culture.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread