Update on designer plat ring found last month...RETURNED!

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As i said in a previous post, I called the designer to see if it was possable to find the owner. They said no, so I asked about sizing the ring for myself. They said I would have to send it to them through a local jeweler that they deal with.
Well last Thursday I took the ring in to the jeweler.
This Friday I got a call from the jeweler here in chicago. Telling me that between the time I called the designer and sent the ring in the designer figured out who's ring it was. Turns out it was the designers son's ring who is going to school here in Chicago, The ring was a present from the designer to his son for receiving his Bachelor degree.
The designer deiced since I tried to return the ring and then wanted to size it for myself, as a token of his appreciation he will make me a ring Identical to the one I found and returned, Platinum and diamonds. Retail 10.500.00
Doing the right thing may not be easy and not allways profitable but sometimes paybacks are nice!!

Don't you love a happy ending.
I'll post a pic of the ring when he presents it to me.

HH Chicago Ron

Attachments

• pt90____8-1-07.jpg
    pt90____8-1-07.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,231
  • pt90____8-1-07.jpg
    pt90____8-1-07.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 2,238
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and nice reward to!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Holy cats! That is just awesome.

As you said, doing the right thing doesn't always work out so happily, but man o man, it sure is nice when it does!

Very cool!
Nan

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
That is really awesome. I salute you for your honesty in trying to find the owner of the ring, and ultimately in having success at doing so. I must say that it was very cool of the designer to make you an identical ring. I know that for you probably finding the owner was reward enough, and yes that is a great reward indeed. However, if the owner can afford such a reward as giving you a ring like that one then more power to you. Definately love to hear of great stories like this one, and seeing you get a great reward for your resolve and honesty.

Doug

OP
OP
Chicago Ron

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a call from the Designer MY RING IS DONE! Just have to set up the meeting.
YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
awesome find and return and the fruits of your labor...amazing!! Congrats Ron.

Please share a photo when you get it!!!

:)

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's stunningly amazing!! I'm glad to hear there really are good people here on T-Net... and I'm also glad that you are being rewarded for your character! :)
Please do post up that pic as soon as you receive the ring... that'd be awesome to see!!

Bran <><

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its beautiful,when you hold that sucker in your hand the weight is unbelieveable.nice going ron

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
DEFINATELY GOOD KARMA! You are an aweome testimonial to this great hobby. Pictures of the presentation and a little press is what I'd like to see. Anyways, Congratulations! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icon_sunny:

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Now how good is that! Why cant the news be full of good stories like that instead of all the doom and gloom.

Thats karma for you. He could have given you a few bucks or let you choose a ring, but since you did such a special thing, you were granted a special gift in return.

I know you will treasure that ring.

Bloody well done and deserved mate!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread