Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Tnet friends , I thought I would put my collection up of my best finds . All but two of these buttons came from a camp site in Germany that stretched from 1792 through 1813 .The other two were found just by luck at other locations. It was the adventure of a life time . The camp was about an hour drive from the village where I lived so I could only make it there about three times a month and most of these buttons were found my last six months in Germany. A friend of mine did the research on the place and we went there on one Saturday with hopes of finding the right area. After hunting some low ground in the rain and not finding what we were looking for we relocated and right about dark I dug a 27Th regiment button and about 20 dropped musket balls .One button that I found is very rare.The 136regiment was mustered in in 1813 and mustered out at the end of the year due to battle causalities. I went back as often as I could get away from work and when the wife would give me a kitchen pass.LOL It was a dream come true and looking back I wish I would have taken some leave and hunted there every day for a week or so . The area also gave up a few roman items and lots of coins and relics. Like I said it was the high point of my detecting career. I put back in for overseas but I am stuck in ND for a couple of years at least . Thanks for looking and HH. :)

Attachments

• Sep13_03nnavy.jpg
    Sep13_03nnavy.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,072
  • Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,201
  • Sep20_02bestb.jpg
    Sep20_02bestb.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,787
  • Sep20_03ball.jpg
    Sep20_03ball.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,907
  • Sep13_03nnavy.jpg
    Sep13_03nnavy.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,058
  • Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    Nov26$07cannon.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,172
  • Sep20_04136reg.jpg
    Sep20_04136reg.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 3,258
  • Sep20_08repfrench.jpg
    Sep20_08repfrench.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 2,010
Upvote 1

happysailor

Oct 18, 2007
birdman said:
To me a Roman silver coin would be the find of a life time even though there are some common ones that people find often.I would be happy with one of those commom ones for sure as long as I dug it. :) Ray, It looks like yours is pretty rare.

yup. buddy i went awhile back while i was stationed over there for a few years. I got me some of them coins too but they were falling apart. nice finds! I hope to make it there again...right now i'm stuck like you...dangit

panzermeyer

Jul 27, 2004
The Great White North
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum Tesoro Tiger Shark
Wow !!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely outstanding finds.No doubt you;d like to get back there again.I;ve been working a ww1 site for 4 years now and I still enjoy it as much as the first day there.God Bless and HH..Panz

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my last one in early January of this year(2007) and then got on a plane back for the states. It was a hunt I will never forget.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Trent, we´ll save some for you, for when you get back here
HH Ray

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man those are nice finds, I enjoyed the pics. Thanks alot, Bryan at Seymour

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddy, I am still trying to get to Seymour!! :wink:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
Still no news on a European posting ?
HH Ray

veronasteve

Mar 22, 2008
hi birdman those french boysreally got around back then,they added the kingdom of italy to there empire...and left a few buttons for me too.

and youve got some nice ones btw.they sell buttons on delcampe ...look at some of the prices for napoleonic buttons!

Attachments

• P6010001 (600 x 559).jpg
    P6010001 (600 x 559).jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 788
OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray, I am being deployed to Iraq at the end of the month and I hope to have orders when I come back but it is all a crap shoot. I am trying to get back to Germany or the UK . wish me luck!!

veronasteve , very nice collection you have! :thumbsup:The French pretty much were every where, they even went into the middle east on a campain. I just wish I could have spent more time hunting the area where the buttons came from.

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
You be carefull over there, and kick some ass too. Wish you a safe and secure tour, and hope you get that posting back here, or to the UK.
HH Ray

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ray ,I will have enough time on station when I get back to possibly get orders so I will keep my fingers crossed!! :wink:

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
birdman said:
Ray ,I will have enough time on station when I get back to possibly get orders so I will keep my fingers crossed!! :wink:
Trent, I´ll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you get your posting here we´ll hunt together, if it´s to the UK, I´ll sort some hunting buddies for you with lots of fields.

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Birdman!!! Great finds... I was out today 18JUN2015 and found a Napoleonic Button with the number 23 on it... I noticed you have one too. Do you have any info on this button? I'm currently researching it. Thanks for any help in this matter.

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Veronasteve, you still hunting in Italy? I'm in Vicenza and looking to hunt over here. Lot's to find... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread