Equinox 800 First Decent Finds

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to share my first really decent finds using the Equinox 800 I purchased recently, the finds were close to an overgrown Roman road in a Hectare of agricultural land owned by a local friend who was with me while we searched. I checked a small percentage of this area with the Garrett AT/Gold a couple of years ago but didn't really find anything, after several hours of getting to grips with the Equinox 800 I believe I am better at discerning the trash from anything decent, the Equinox really did scream out at each of these decent finds, I'm not sure what era the Silver ring is from and maybe an expert on the subject can recognise something in it?! the other finds are an Austro-Hungarian 1878 1 Kreuzer, a 1959 10 Dinara Yugoslav coin, an old button, maybe with an aluminium/bronze covering, the reverse is ferrous, 2 Lead Musket Balls and a Lead Minié ball I believe! Happy Days and if it helps anyone with helping to decide which detector to choose, I can honestly say the Equinox absolutely rocks! I also found an Austro-Hungarian Army double headed eagle buckle I will photograph later. Hopefully these are the first of many finds to come...

Attachments

• Silver Coin 3.JPG
    Silver Coin 3.JPG
    205.8 KB · Views: 217
  • Silver Coin 2.JPG
    Silver Coin 2.JPG
    474.4 KB · Views: 182
  • Silver Coin 1.JPG
    Silver Coin 1.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 180
  • First Equinox Finds.JPG
    First Equinox Finds.JPG
    522.6 KB · Views: 178
  • Equinox First Finds 2.JPG
    Equinox First Finds 2.JPG
    543.5 KB · Views: 170
  • Silver Coin 4.JPG
    Silver Coin 4.JPG
    197.1 KB · Views: 152
  • Silver Coin 5.JPG
    Silver Coin 5.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 151
Upvote 12
OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Started with Garrett AT/Gold, 2 x Scuba Tectors for shallow water while swimming along the beaches, now have Equinox 800 and starting to find decent items!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are no hallmarkings on the ring and it looks like it may have had a stone or something attached to the top as there are tiny lines etc; on it, could this be Roman?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice stuff. The ring looks great. I can't tell the age but it's not new, that's for sure.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find on the rings. Congrat's.

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Could it be Medieval?

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! :icon_thumleft: The ring is pretty cool. I'm sure someone here will have some info on the ring.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
After looking closely at the ring and the engraving in the center, I’m going to say it was the centerpiece of the ring and with no indication of a bezel, it came with no stone. IMHO

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice finds. Yes the Equinox does rock.

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am wondering if anyone could help ID the period the above ring came from?

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool finds!!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I'm sorry I cannot help with the age of the ring, but it does look several hundred years old at least. If you had found Roman or medieval coins nearby, that might help add to the likelihood that the ring is from the same period. Go back there and find some more stuff :thumbsup:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing job the ring is awesome hope you learn more about it sounds like you and tha 800 make a good team. Well done. Tommy

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many Thanks Bailyta and Wow! Great ID'ing from the photos! I'm aiming to go to the same area I found the ring this week after work before Winter starts over here... I am impressed with your ID'ing Skills...

OP
OP
Truffles_EOD

Truffles_EOD

Aug 4, 2013
Sarajevo
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going back this week, I was told there was a Roman Silver coin found a few metres away from where I found the ring, it is a lone property on a slight rise overlooking the small town, which was a trading post in Roman times, Illyrian before that, maybe this was a Villa who knows... Thank You!
Nice finds. I'm sorry I cannot help with the age of the ring, but it does look several hundred years old at least. If you had found Roman or medieval coins nearby, that might help add to the likelihood that the ring is from the same period. Go back there and find some more stuff :thumbsup:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That ring is a tough one to date. It has the shoulders of a Roman period ring but all the incised lines points to post-medieval. At first I thought it was the clasp hands type but now I think the incised top bezel had the biggest clue that is now rubbed away. So with all that I'm clueless.

kurishali

Sep 24, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to share my first really decent finds using the Equinox 800 I purchased recently, the finds were close to an overgrown Roman road in a Hectare of agricultural land owned by a local friend who was with me while we searched.teer results I checked a small percentage of this area with the Garrett AT/Gold a couple of years ago but didn't really find anything, after several hours of getting to grips with the Equinox 800 I believe I am better at discerning the trash from anything decent, the Equinox really did scream out at each of these decent finds, I'm not sure what era the Silver ring is from and maybe an expert on the subject can recognise something in it?! the other finds are an Austro-Hungarian 1878 1 Kreuzer, a 1959 10 Dinara Yugoslav coin, an old button, maybe with an aluminium/bronze covering, the reverse is ferrous, 2 Lead Musket Balls and a Lead Minié ball I believe! Happy Days and if it helps anyone with helping to decide which detector to choose, I can honestly say the Equinox absolutely rocks! I also found an Austro-Hungarian Army double headed eagle buckle I will photograph later. Hopefully these are the first of many finds to come ...

Your collection is really cool. I have tried lot's of time to find the stones for my rings but many times people send me fake stones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread