Dreams

Jan 20, 2014
Occidental, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Fisher F75, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started hunting a spot that had been a logging camp in the early 1900's. I had been finding axe heads, square nails and many other period items. As it turned out I eventually found several coins over a long period of hunting this place. The first coin I found there was a Barber dime. To date I have found this Double Eagle, a Half Eagle. 3 Morgan dollars, 2 Barber half dollars, 1 Barber quarter, 3 Barber dimes, 1 Buffalo nickel and a 1915 spoon from the Pan Pacific Exposition in San Francisco.

Attachments

• double eagle.jpg
    double eagle.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 946
  • double eagle reverse.jpg
    double eagle reverse.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 583
Upvote 98

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
And , of course, found by a Californian. More gold coins get found out west, than back east for some reason. Who needs all those pesky large cents and colonial coppers anyhow, eh ? Haha. Congratz on the banner dude !

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read in a treasure magazine or someplace that in the early mining camps the loggers who produced the mine props and other needed timber, pretty much kept to themselves, never went to town and saved their earnings in the way of gold coins they stashed away, whereas the miners would go to town and blow all their wages on gambling, drinking, fancy dudd's and cat house's. The theory of the story was old logging camps are a good place to prospect with a metal detector.

OP
OP
Dreams

Dreams

Jan 20, 2014
Occidental, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And , of course, found by a Californian. More gold coins get found out west, than back east for some reason. Who needs all those pesky large cents and colonial coppers anyhow, eh ? Haha. Congratz on the banner dude !

Thanks Tom!

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW... sounds like you found yourself a dream location. You have found the white whale that we're all chasing. Happy for you that you got a banner out of it. Congrats to you. SD

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started hunting a spot that had been a logging camp in the early 1900's. I had been finding axe heads, square nails and many other period items. As it turned out I eventually found several coins over a long period of hunting this place. The first coin I found there was a Barber dime. To date I have found this Double Eagle, a Half Eagle. 3 Morgan dollars, 2 Barber half dollars, 1 Barber quarter, 3 Barber dimes, 1 Buffalo nickel and a 1915 spoon from the Pan Pacific Exposition in San Francisco.

Amazing Find & Finds from that site , Ill assume cleaning out the iron has helped in finding so many Sweet coins.

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Banner!! What an incredible spot!! Keep swinging!!

OP
OP
Dreams

Dreams

Jan 20, 2014
Occidental, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To be honest with you, there is very little iron to work around. Several square nails, fence staples and other misc, stuff. I dig every target at this site no matter what the number or tone.
Thanks!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer 1800s gold, but I’ll give you a hundy

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Dude, that is so crazy. I hope I blunder my way into a gold coin someday. Don't know many people that have done it around the Northwest. Great find and congrats on the banner!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first BANNER on Tnet! :occasion14:
Well done on your 1905 Double Eagle Gold coin find!

Dave

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machines did you find the gold and silver coins with ?

OP
OP
Dreams

Dreams

Jan 20, 2014
Occidental, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What machines did you find the gold and silver coins with ?

The coins were found at different times with an MXT, F75 and Equinox 800. The Double Eagle was found with the MXT and the Half Eagle was recovered with the Equinox.

Kona Koma

Bronze Member
Nov 13, 2017
On the Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only hope. What a fantastic find. Great job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread