invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May 15th, started like most metal detecting days, looking for artifacts to fill educational display cases to be donated to the local historical society. First target I dug was the 1851 Large Cent and I knew it was going to be a good day. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Washington Quarter and 2 Mercury Dimes in the same hole. About 4 feet away I uncovered the 1871 Victoria Queen Prince Edward Island One Cent. Initially I thought this was a gaming token, but upon closer examination saw the 1871. It wasn't until I got home did I realize what I found, and man is it good condition. The PEI cents were only minted 1 year (1871) so the likelihood that I'll find another is slim. A short time later I dug the Liberty Walking half, which is always a welcome site. Oh and regarding artifacts, I found a nice ornate gas valve and compact case lid (note the clown in the 10 o'clock position).

P.S. The PEI cent and gas valve is what I'll donate...

Attachments

• Finds.jpg
    Finds.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 208
  • PEI_one_cent.jpg
    PEI_one_cent.jpg
    262.7 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Upvote 16

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice dig, Invet2hir! I'm sure the Historical Society will be grateful. Kudos :thumbsup:

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
xr7, thanks for the compliment! The PEI is probably a once in a lifetime find and the others aren't too shabby either :occasion14:

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wrightdigger, you're right! The historical society and I have a good relationship. I have fun finding artifacts and they get them before my house gets cluttered :hello2:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woiwza definate museum pieces very well done

MAILITY

May 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May 15th, started like most metal detecting days, looking for artifacts to fill educational display cases to be donated to the local historical society. First target I dug was the 1851 Large Cent and I knew it was going to be a good day. I was pleasantly surprised to find the Washington Quarter and 2 Mercury Dimes in the same hole. About 4 feet away I uncovered the 1871 Victoria Queen Prince Edward Island One Cent. Initially I thought this was a gaming token, but upon closer examination saw the 1871. It wasn't until I ofilezilla uc browser rufus t home did I realize what I found, and man is it good condition. The PEI cents were only minted 1 year (1871) so the likelihood that I'll find another is slim. A short time later I dug the Liberty Walking half, which is always a welcome site. Oh and regarding artifacts, I found a nice ornate gas valve and compact case lid (note the clown in the 10 o'clock position).

P.S. The PEI cent and gas valve is what I'll donate...
Nice dig, Invet2hir! I'm sure the Historical Society will be grateful. Kudos

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on the productive hunt! :occasion14:

I too donate to Historical Societies and to people who just like my finds! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig, Invet2hir! I'm sure the Historical Society will be grateful. Kudos

Maility, yes they are grateful. Both have written me up in their newsletters, which makes great references when seeking permissions:icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some nice finds. I'm sure the Historical Society will appreciate your finds.

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some nice finds. I'm sure the Historical Society will appreciate your finds.

Trez, thanks - the finds were a welcome sight - as most properties in my part of the country have been detected multiple times. The society is most appreciative, as showing artifacts left behind by our forefathers is a good way to share history w/ young and old alike.

OP
OP
I

invent4hir

Bronze Member
Aug 1, 2017
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i & DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PEI cents were only minted 1 year (1871) Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox so the likelihood that I'll find another is slim. A short time later I dug the Liberty Walking half, which is always a welcome site. Oh and regarding artifacts, I found a nice ornate gas valve and compact case lid (note the clown in the 10 o'clock position).

ARSO, welcome to tnet! Do you have a question or comment?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread