I didn’t want to leave

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been chomping at the bit to share this. Last Saturday was a rare day for me. I usually just keep my stick in my truck and hit the yards after I mow them. (I take care foreclosed properties.). I have been granted permission to hunt these properties as long as they’re not under contract for purchase. I have a special property in my inventory that I believe could be hiding some awesome finds. I took the whole day to hunt this yard. It is located in an area where there are CW monuments and markers all over the place. I believe Stonewall was killed right up the street.
Okay let’s start. Right by the driveway I thought I was pinging a stinkin Lincoln. Nope.. My first ever dropped 3 ringer
image.jpg
Wait it gets better!
$1 in clad
8 wheats
3 Mercs
1 Rosie
Camp lead
1 marble
3 three ringers
1 pistol lead
1 shot 3 ringer
1 veterans of foreign wars medal
image.jpg
No one I know MD.(so lonely ) Sharing these finds is the reason I joined. My family had a hard time understanding why I couldn’t sleep that night. I just laid my finds out on the table and just stared At them. I’ve done that a handful of times so far. (I’m doing it now) I still can’t believe it!
pS
I haven’t even made it to the back yard yet!

Last edited:
Upvote 27

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoWWW!!! Congrats!!:headbang:

OP
OP
Hughett

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. That was a blast. It made me realize that it all hasn’t been found yet.

staninbji

Nov 26, 2016
All over!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome! Keep digging and keep posting your finds. HH!

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great hunt!! And to boot it sounds like you have a plethora of permissions! Congrats!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hughett, Congrat's to you on the find of the dropped 3 ringer. May this be the first of many to come your way. Nice finds of the coins also. Are you from North West Georgia?

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Three ringers!!! Love them things. Great finds!

OP
OP
Hughett

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes just outside Cleveland TN. I found a fired 3 ringer today. I do a new tally for this property soon. I still haven’t hit the backyard.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
Really nice finds!! However, didn’t Stonewall Jackson pass away in or near Chanslersville VA?

OP
OP
Hughett

Hughett

May 11, 2019
Northwest GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett gta x 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right! I don’t know why I thought that. I believed it for years. Well at least I know now. I wonder what else I may be wrong about. According to my wife almost everything. Thanks

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven’t been correct about anything since the day I got married):

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have brought out the headlights and had Door dash deliver dinner! Awesome stuff

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could have a museum in no time well done my friend

MrMarsHill

Jan 15, 2019
Mars Hill NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 300, current main user.
Garret AT Propointer, current main user.
Garrett GTAX750, classic machine and I love it!
Bounty hunter tracker iv, missing knob bought used on eBay... Still find
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! That is a great "In" you have there with the mowing foreclosed properties job! I sometimes mow lawns after work i(n season) and got several permissions for after I mowed the lawns. Some people just weren't having it, even though they saw my surgical hole digging skills, lol. I've even traded mowing for the right to detect a few times... a few open invitations to hunt just for 1 mowing job even. I am very particular about my lawn care and my metal detecting/plug digging and replacement... OCD level actually, lol. There was a beautiful OLD victorian looking house just a few roads from me. It was not being maintained except for a walkway to the back door. I knocked and asked if they would like me to cut their grass? I didnt think they were gonna bite, but the guy laughed and asked me how much? I said I'd do it free if I can metal detect the property when I'm done. He shook my hand, laughed about a set of keys and about a million beer tabs he lost "over yonder" and off I went. The first time took about 2 hours mowing to make them and me happy and I've pulled a few cool things out of there... nothing of real note, but a place I likely never would have hunted otherwise, and I'm allowed back! Back on topic, GREAT SCORE! And I love that someone else is using cutting grass as an "in" for new permissions... you sir have the best position I can imagine! I dont know why I have so much trouble knocking on doors to ask permission to detect, but all that goes away when I am asking if they need work, lol!
Jim Brown
Bonez Customs and Collectables
@bonezcustoms on IG

Last edited:

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good haul. Can't wait to see what happens in the back yard...

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mowing improves the hunt for sure. I have a tractor and mow areas I hunt too. Sometimes, I'll level the ground too if needed heheh! Keep at it, you'll do good!

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome site to hunt, nice first 3 ringer, very cool, great looking silvers, nice Wheaties & lead, congrats on all & HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread