Best Find, Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
I was searching through the junk at a Goodwill store in Sherman Tx. and found a Bounty Hunter Sharpshooter (not a sharpshooterII) Haven't found any literature on this but looks the same as the sharpshooter II with the buttons and knob just in different places. They wanted $25 for it so I thought to check it out. Couldn't get it to work but they swore it did. So I bought it for half price. Messed around with it and couldn't get it to work. Put it away for a couple months and then dug it out to mess with it. After jiggling all the switches I finally got it to work. I guess it just needs a on/off sensitivity switch. I found an electronics repair shop that will fix it for about $50. But I said the hell with it and just bought a Garrett Ace 250 off of EBAY. Maybe this will be my new best find. I cant wait for about a week to get it and will start posting some stories and pics.

Upvote 0

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
THat switch might just be dirty get some electronics cleaner in the spray can and see. Only a couple of bucks

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Thanks Dano, will do. It would be great if that was all it was. Two detectors are better than one. The girlfriend likes shopping and hunting for good deals. Maybe she will like hunting for buried treasure also, I think so

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey phxmark123, are you from Sherman? My brother lives there (he uses a Whites) and time to time I go up that way to coinshoot with him and to visit my mom in Denison.

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Yes Wayne I do live in Sherman. We should get together sometime. I work Sun, Mon, Tues and every other Sat. I would love to chat to your brother also and find out where he has had any luck around here as I am just starting.

OP
OP
phxmark123

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hey Dano91 that tip about the contact cleaner worked great. The BH Sharpshooter turns on and off perfectly every time. Wow now Im gonna have two detectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread