Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All ye who hear! Post your fake finds here! I got this fake Netherlands Daadler on Coin Beach, Delaware a few years ago. Weighs 19.98 grams, but I'm pretty sure it's a reproduction! I posted about it once upon a time ago. Boy, it had me going for awhile. At least I think it's a fake. IMG_0871.JPG

Upvote 12

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember reading an article where this Guy had a Gold coin for years he thought it was a fake then found out it was really rare and they only made a very small amount of em

CCDAMEEK

Aug 5, 2019
central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300;
Tesoro Tiger Shark;
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, Here's one for you:

Panerai Watch I found detecting in a swimming area in Arizona:
DSC02781.JPG

Photo add of a brand new Panerai watch on Amazon currently today:

Capture.JPG

The watch I found bezel was broken, and the winding pin didn't do anything, so I took the front & back covers off and found this!
The Date ring was stationary, and the power indicator on the back was a sticker!
DSC02804.JPG
DSC02808 (1280x853).jpg

But the excitement was fun while it lasted!

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tommy when I found that 1774 Gold Guinea I thought for sure it was a fake! It was not.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
The place am at everything is fake ...I hope one day i find something that real so i can post it my time on earth is down to days now am running out of time

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0460.JPG IMG_0461.JPG I dug this a couple of years ago at an old high school field. Real ones were made of silver but this one is made of what I believe is brass. May be an old counterfeit used in commerce or a recent Chinese knockoff made to sell to gullible coin collectors.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Does the real coin say silver coin in english ? Which country is this real one from hong kong or china ? Whats the date ? I guess someone used german silver to pull off this scam seen it done before with US dollar coins

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
This reminds me of a Big gold bar i seen that had in high relief the word GOLD on the side ....my question to the seller was where was it found he asked why i asked that question i told him that i was blind ...

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Another funny fake a fresh new $100,000 Us dollar bill 1934 ...I asked the same question where was this found ...his answer was Cebu ....I laughed he said whats wrong i told him there no Cebu in the 48 states where a real bill near left the shores ...I could list many other fakes to many

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Does the real coin say silver coin in english ? Which country is this real one from hong kong or china ? Whats the date ? I guess someone used german silver to pull off this scam seen it done before with US dollar coins

The real coin does in fact say "silver coin" in English. They were used for trade. Minted in the early 1900's in China and there was a smaller 50 cent version that said "copper coin". I don't believe the one I dug was made from German Silver...….. Image (42).jpg

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Clad2silver ....To me it looks like german silver which is copper , nickel , and zinc NO silver its used to make many things in Asia or its made out of copper nickel like US Nickels ....All the fake US $1 AND 1 Peso i seen are made out of these two with maybe some lead added to bring down the cost of the material ....5 million coins were dumped in the bay near pasay ...For many years they were sold in the streets of manila when they started to run out they made fakes and still sell them as of today they still sell them 78 years later .....so your fake to me looks like a 1908

Last edited:

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
Just want to add brass color or gold color is when the zinc is 10% to 40 % of the mix no nickel ...I don't see that color in your photo brass

Last edited:

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My key date silver dollar I dug off the beach... I think it’s real!

245E8549-E71C-40E9-B548-BE798AB14459.jpeg

Smokey, your coin looks good! I don’t know anything about it
Though :)

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I just went over my notes coin silver real one weight is 26.9 grams ...Copper 75% Nickel 25% would weigh 23.16 grams ,,,german silver 22.37 grams and plain 60/40 brass 21.45 grams ....If the coins hardest seems normal there no lead added ......put it on a scale then you know what its made out of Clad2silver good luck

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
If that was not found on the left coast and found in pasay it be 100% fake ....Its real great find coinfetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If that was not found on the left coast and found in pasay it be 100% fake ....Its real great find coinfetcher

It was found on a puget sound beach, north of Seattle, in a fishing/logging/boat building town, near the old pier. I think it’s as real as it gets!! Pcgs and ngc declines to authenticate it, the environmental damage is too much

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just went over my notes coin silver real one weight is 26.9 grams ...Copper 75% Nickel 25% would weigh 23.16 grams ,,,german silver 22.37 grams and plain 60/40 brass 21.45 grams ....If the coins hardest seems normal there no lead added ......put it on a scale then you know what its made out of Clad2silver good luck

IMG_0463.JPG IMG_0462.JPG I put it on the scale...….brass, just like I figured.

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to really thank you for this photo ....Clad2silver ...........My only thoughts are Cu 50% Ni 10% Zn40% if its over 50 years old .... ...If less then 50 years old my guess would be Cu 60% Ni 20% Zn 30% Al 10% ..... ......and maybe your right and its silver plated brass the age of the coin would help me figure this out ....Never seen one like this before

XLV

Jul 27, 2016
South East Asia
Primary Interest:
Other
So you think it was made in China your probably right and then its plated brass ... In the Philippines all the coins i cut in half are always solid not plated they only have crude dies and not much equipment plating to costly ...the gold bars are crude some plated but the chinese ones are very hard to tell without drilling or cutting in half ...many ebay bars and coins are fake chinese

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions