One of my best finds made the cover of W&E treasures..

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back about a year ago I was looking for more information about this gold badge I found so I sent some pics to Mark Parker from W&E treasures it turns out to be an odd fellows badge witch happened to make the front cover of W&E treasures for 2020. The odd fellows are a group or organization of people who help others in need I really don’t know much about them only what I read on the internet... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1578160250.419325.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2020? I thought they folded

They haven't folded but they no longer produce a printed magazine. All issues are strictly online only.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back about a year ago I was looking for more information about this gold badge I found so I sent some pics to Mark Parker from W&E treasures it turns out to be an odd fellows badge witch happened to make the front cover of W&E treasures for 2020. The odd fellows are a group or organization of people who help others in need I really don’t know much about them only what I read on the internet... View attachment 1786527
Congrats on making the W&ET magazine with your find. I was fortunate enough to be in the magazine's annual "Best Finds" issue with a gold coin I had dug. Too bad your not able to have a printed issue as a memento of this.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That badge is a real killer of a find. The button in my avatar made it in their magazine last year. (I think it was last year maybe the year before)

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the fantastic recovery and cover photo! :notworthy:

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making the W&ET magazine with your find. I was fortunate enough to be in the magazine's annual "Best Finds" issue with a gold coin I had dug. Too bad your not able to have a printed issue as a memento of this.
so true man of course I have know idea what was said about it because I can’t see it...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "odd fellows" must be a massive secret organization that still exists to this very day.

For every time I leave the house I see them everywhere.

:P

Ed (Upstate NY)

Aug 19, 2007
New York's Capital Region
Detector(s) used
New for 2023 Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, XP Deus. Minelab Explorers SE Pro & XS, Whites 6000 Di Pro, DFX & Beach Hunter, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on making the cover. Too bad they went digital. I had about a year left on my subscription but have never looked at the online issue once. What a waste of my money. Us old fashioned guys prefer reading a hard copy while relaxing on the couch with a cold one !

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "odd fellows" must be a massive secret organization that still exists to this very day.

could be I think there like the masons another group of people that help people. From what I read it all started in the 15th century in England...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just "odd people" in general. heh

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on making the cover. Too bad they went digital. I had about a year left on my subscription but have never looked at the online issue once. What a waste of my money. Us old fashioned guys prefer reading a hard copy while relaxing on the couch with a cold one !
so true Ed..

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have boxes of back issues from the late 1980s to about 2010 if anyone is interested in making a deal.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You must live near Atlanta.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
so true man of course I have know idea what was said about it because I can’t see it...

Short of copying every word, here is what they said about your badge...…..
The pin was worn by a member of the Independent Order Of Oddfellows, which was a fraternal order established in the U.S. in the early 1800's and long before that in Europe. The letters FLT stand for Friendship, Love, and Truth. The crossed sword and shepherd's crook represent "Patriarch's Militant" also called "Canton" which is the highest order of the IOOF and was formed in 1885 as a uniformed paramilitary branch of the IOOF. They marched in parades and served ceremoniously in special events. "Lodge 32" could be from anywhere but if it's from N.Y. it may be from Shultzville. Your find dates from the late 1800's to the early 1900's and is valued at bullion plus 20-30%.
Hopefully this helps provide some info for you …….

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

yes it’s true they went electronically and I won’t subscribe I’m just old fashion that way I like printed issues..

Same here...I have one more digital issue coming but I won't subscribe anymore.

OP
OP
park pirate

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short of copying every word, here is what they said about your badge...…..
The pin was worn by a member of the Independent Order Of Oddfellows, which was a fraternal order established in the U.S. in the early 1800's and long before that in Europe. The letters FLT stand for Friendship, Love, and Truth. The crossed sword and shepherd's crook represent "Patriarch's Militant" also called "Canton" which is the highest order of the IOOF and was formed in 1885 as a uniformed paramilitary branch of the IOOF. They marched in parades and served ceremoniously in special events. "Lodge 32" could be from anywhere but if it's from N.Y. it may be from Shultzville. Your find dates from the late 1800's to the early 1900's and is valued at bullion plus 20-30%.
Hopefully this helps provide some info for you …….
Thanks Ed thats what Mark Parker sent me ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread