More Ring Finds From Years Past

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMGP0334.JPG IMGP0338.JPG IMG_0633.JPG IMG_0634.JPG A few more ring finds from years past. The first one is a ring I found at a site where a high school built in 1898 was located. The original high school was torn down and replaced by a newer one in the 1930's and it is no longer in use. The ring is a silver and amber ring produced in Denmark, circa 1915, by Georg Jensen a well known silversmith. I was able to locate one of his descendants who is a jeweler and was offered $175.00 for it which I accepted. It's the only silver ring I've ever sold. The other rings were all found in sports fields.

Upvote 5

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some really nice rings!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job I have 2 display cases hidden lol. Those are some very nice rings

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job I have 2 display cases hidden lol. Those are some very nice rings

Thanks Tommy.....make sure you keep them well hidden. I had a break-in here back in 2009 and fortunately they didn't get any of my valuables.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I was to add up in my head the total amount in dollars of Georg Jensen pieces I've picked up over the years and sold from thrift stores, pawn shops and antique stores. I know it be close to five grand. These days they're hard to come by on the used market and the prices have softened some, but they have a great number of folks who still covet GJ silver especially the vintage pieces, which that ring was by the early GJ mark I see on it. Might be a mark still used when Georg Jensen was still living.

OP
OP
Clad2Silver

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the black ring specially
Thank you.....

If I was to add up in my head the total amount in dollars of Georg Jensen pieces I've picked up over the years and sold from thrift stores, pawn shops and antique stores. I know it be close to five grand. These days they're hard to come by on the used market and the prices have softened some, but they have a great number of folks who still covet GJ silver especially the vintage pieces, which that ring was by the early GJ mark I see on it. Might be a mark still used when Georg Jensen was still living.
I'm not sure when Jensen died but this ring is circa 1915.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread