Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a picture of coppers I recovered from probably my all time best site. There are a least 66 coppers in this picture. I also found 18 Spanish silvers at this site. Due to change of ownership, it is now off limits. I was lucky to hunt it for several years after the original owner died and before his son sold it. There are William III and KG I, II, and III halfpennies (both Hibernia and Britannia), British Farthings, Connecticut, Vermont, and Virginia state coppers, Draped Bust Large Cents and Half Cents and Classic Head Large and Half Cents. The oldest coin with a readable date is 1718 and the newest 1826. Thanks for looking!

JX Copper.jpg

Upvote 19

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow just freakin wow Spanish silvers and Coppers my town founded in 1826 so I'll have to just dream that's absolutely amazing that's good you pulled that treasure outta there before you got shut down. Thanks for sharing those and hope you find another spot like that. Tommy

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Question, when you say "site", what do you mean by that? An old house? An old town? An old grove? An old park?

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Smokie! That's cool!. What did you do... dig up Ft Pitt?? grin

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually a colonial military encampment and later tavern site at a river crossing

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! That’s a lot of coinage to have been dropped. The tavern keeper must have had a hole in his coin satchel or it was a wild place back in the day.

OP
OP
Steve in PA

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! That’s a lot of coinage to have been dropped. The tavern keeper must have had a hole in his coin satchel or it was a wild place back in the day.
A lot of traffic went through this bottleneck on the old colonial road over a period of 75 years or so

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread